S Club - The Good Times Tour

Jo had a bad back and could not perform a lot of the time back then so to be prepared they had a Rachel-solo version ready in case Jo was out of the picture for promo and release week. Mainly for TV performances but I can't help thinking the idea of releasing the Rachel version was also on the table.

The original plan after the recording of the Rachel version was to have CD1 with the original Jo version and CD2 with the (better) Rachel version.

"Alive" out midnight.

SC-ALIVE-2024.jpg

Tracklisting
  1. Alive (Radio Edit)
  2. Dance (Radio Version)
  3. Discotek
  4. Alive (Rachel's Lead Vocal Version)
  5. Alive (Almighty Mix)
  6. Alive (Flip & Fill Remix)
  7. Alive (Bastone & Burnz Alive-N-Kik-N Mix)
  8. Dance (Harry's Afro Hut Wonky Remix)

The gays WON.

I feel like some of it comes down to them having zero time. Easier to just have Jo go to the studio for a few days and do the whole album than have them all in there
S Club should of shared the vocals out more and had atleast 1 more single per album campaign- music videos were already done with the amount of performances filmed within tv series - understand they wouldn’t of made it to CDUK to perform but if they had more sharing of vocals / more singles there reunion would of had such a bigger impact.

I genuinely think a lot of it was about saving time (and money) as has been said. There’s a competition winners video from during the Hollywood 7 days, where Jo disappears to finish recording the album, whilst the rest of the band entertain the competition winner and film the show.

I’m sorry, Discotek is just so good.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This could have been on Future Nostalgia and it would have been a hit.

Looking forward to this being in my Spotify wrapped this year.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, Discotek is just so good.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This could have been on Future Nostalgia and it would have been a hit.

Looking forward to this being in my Spotify wrapped this year.

Currently in my childhood bedroom listening to Diskotek, S Club and A*Teens … I’m 12 again ha.

Diskotek actually sounds gorgeous in HQ, how was this not on an album? She sounds great.

Also listening to some of the remixes and , the Dance remix for example, my god those late nineties and early noughties remixes would go so hard. All of us living our lives to intense trance and electro mixes, I lived.

I genuinely think a lot of it was about saving time (and money) as has been said. There’s a competition winners video from during the Hollywood 7 days, where Jo disappears to finish recording the album, whilst the rest of the band entertain the competition winner and film the show.
I mean look at the album version of You

It benefits massively having Rachel, Jon & Bradley took parts on the single version

He/Him
I’m so excited to have the Rachel Version of Alive. I think it’s my fave song of theirs, but I was used to hearing Rachel’s version and was slightly disappointed buying the single at the time.

They mentioned there will be more new music. I wonder if anything has been recorded yet? Or if that will be the main focus after the US tour?