S-s-s-s-Samantha Fox | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

S-s-s-s-Samantha Fox

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MadeInHeaven, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Re: Samantha Fox - Tomorrow (Single) & Greatest Hits (Album)

It probably was for a while because she was one of those few artists who was selling everywhere around the world at her peak. I think when you see so many credible Brit bands who fail to crack the US market that it emphasizes how well she did to score three US top 10s herself.

2. Re: Samantha Fox - Tomorrow (Single) & Greatest Hits (Album)

Well, i didnt know she has US success. Blimey....

It seems so improbable....

3. Re: Samantha Fox - Tomorrow (Single) & Greatest Hits (Album)

She SO deserves a Greatest Hits to the same quality (including booklet) of Sinittas, which was a perfect package all round.

4. Re: Samantha Fox - Tomorrow (Single) & Greatest Hits (Album)

Are there any British female solo artists who have achieved 3 x US Top 10 hits since Sam? I'm probably missing something or someone really obvious, but for the life of me I can't think of anyone. Obviously I know Leona and Lisa Stansfield have had big hits in the US, but... more than 1 x Top 10?

5. sfx

sfx

Re: Samantha Fox - Tomorrow (Single) & Greatest Hits (Album)

Such a shame that Forever True has not been included...

6. Anyone got the new Greatest Hits? 1CD or 2CD?

7. Mine arrived today. Nice booklet although streamline compared to the novel that came with Sinitta's hits package, and nice to see Sam commenting on all the tracks.

8. Which version of 'I'm All You Need' is it? Single or (yawn) album version?

9. Single version ( the one that starts with a trumpet or something! )

10. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much (off to order it).

11. Ditto, mine landed today, and THANK YOU for mentioning the Sam comments; I'd completely missed them amongst all the songwriter/producer ramblings*.

(*which I'd ramble on about if they were missing.)

Ha. I thought of you when I heard the completely foreign opening to that track! Funny, but based on your campaigning I was somehow expecting it to sound radically different, but it's actually just the original with a bit more production meat on the bones isn't it? But so much the better for it. I wonder if someone somewhere picked up on your comments, as interestingly the liner notes for that track say running time of 4:25, but it's 3:59 in my iTunes...

Anyway. Superb collection. Nothing will beat that Sinitta booklet for sheer fanboy effort, but (some cracking singles being AWOL notwithstanding) as a pop music collection this is about as near as we'll get to definitive, and very fan-pleasing indeed.

Too Late To Say Goodbye and You Started Something 12" Mixes both a great joy to discover.

12. 'I'm All You Need (Single Re-Mix)' 3.59

Thank you Lord! I've wanted this mix digitally for the longest time! It's not even her best track or anything but it's the correct single version and now we have all her Jive single edits digitally. Yay for completeness. The actual 7" and 12" singles never credited the single mix, but the 'Touch Me - Special Edition' LP and cassette replaced the album version with this edit and gave it the 'Single Re-Mix' suffix. I love(d) that album.

13. I am absolutely addicted to To Be Heard off the rarities CD, does anyone else love it?

What is this Angel With A Attitude album she mentions? Is it any good?

14. I like that track a lot too, she co-wrote it as she did much of the Angel With An Attitude album. It's her last studio album, she released it in 2005. Some very good tracks on it, some not so good but on the whole enjoyable.

[​IMG]

15. I'd go along with that. It's a fascinating album. Not exactly dripping with killer pop gold, but its own quiet way it's perhaps the most artistically cohesive and creative music she's ever done.

16. I love the album AWAA. She co-wrote all thirteen tracks, which makes the album very personal, and I think that's why I liked it so much.

HereĀ“s Sam singing "To Be Heard" live:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0uPhZ2ySbk

17. So I just burned the following compilation using the (American) Wounded Bird re-masters that were released last month. Of her 12 Jive singles I omitted the two crappiest ones (Hold On Tight and I Promise You), included a bunch of my favourite album tracks and even threw in a B-side! I cannot seem to remember how different the single mix of I'm All You Need is to the original but, being accustomed as I am to the album version, I ended up using that one. Here's what I came up with:

1. Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
    2. I Surrender (To The Spirit Of The Night)
    3. Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)
    4. Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
    5. I Only Wanna Be With You
    6. I'm All You Need
    7. Love House
    8. Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
    9. I Wanna Have Some Fun
    10. Rockin' In The City
    11. Hot For You
    12. He's Got Sex
    13. Baby I'm Lost For Words
    14. True Devotion (New Mix)
    15. Out Of Our Hands
    16. Dream City
    17. Even In The Darkest Hours
    18. Confession

Confession is by far my favourite song of hers ever.

18. Good compilation, though I would struggle without I Promise You (it's one of my favourites)... You're absolutely right though; Confession is glorious. As is Out Of Our Hands. In hindsight, she actually gave pretty good ballad, didn't she?

19. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I too would struggle without I Promise You and I'd also add my other two faves from said album, The Best Is Yet To Come and the best song in history of music That Sensation.

20. Confession is the first song Sam wrote herself. It's very good. If I recall correctly, the version on the B-side of 'I Only Wanna Be With You' is a shorter version/edit, too! I prefer her moody/melancholy stuff on the whole... Even In The Darkest Hours and Dream City... but That Sensation is such a missed single opportunity. A 12" version woud have been amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.