S-s-s-s-Samantha Fox | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

S-s-s-s-Samantha Fox

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MadeInHeaven, Feb 9, 2009.

1. I always felt That Sensation was a PWL mix away from greatness. Imagine what Pete Hammond could have done with it!

Are we not getting Sam's first 3 albums re-issued in the UK? I absolutely adore I Wanna Have Some Fun and was looking forward to a sparkly re-master with bonus tracks/mixes etc. If I was doing my own Sam compilation it would have to include Your House Or My House, Walking On Air and One In A Million (all pop perfection).

2. They're already available!! Why not buy them off Amazon US? They're here, here and here.

3. hmv.co.uk are stocking them. Free UK postage too.

4. Thanks guys, I normally use Play which doesn't have them listed.

Will definitely be getting them, I've been having a bit of a Sam-fest the last few days with her new greatest hits.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

from Amazon:

This album was a favorite of an old girlfriend of mine. When I picked her up and she threw this album into the tape deck, I knew I was in for the kind of night I wanted. The album would start off with `Surrender to the Spirit of the Night' to get us in the mood. By the time we got to the beach we were making out to `Naughty Girls need Love too'. We would be going all the way by the time her Rolling Stones cover of `Satisfaction' came on. God Bless Samantha Fox, she was one of the thousands of reasons the 80's ruled.

6. Cripes.

Is it wrong that I'm imagining the logistics of all that? The tape deck had to be some form of portable ghetto blaster in order to make the transition to the beach (which clearly wasn't that far a commute from the start of the journey since Naughty Girls is track three). Guessing it was all over before side two, so the girlfriend probably never got chance to dwell over the fact that The Best Is Yet To Come.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

He sounds gay to me...

8. My copy of this came today. It's a really nice package. I just wish they could do a digital versatile disc to go with it.

9. Tis a great time to be a Sam Fox fan (not that I shout it out in the street) lol

Already received two of the re-issues: Touch Me and Samantha Fox, remastered nicely but the packaging is BLAH - hate 4 page booklets (very lazy but I suppose cheap for the record company).

Between those and the New Greatest Hits, i've managed to fill in gaps of my collection that I've been looking for for so long.

Was happy that the 'Samantha Fox' reissue included the single version of I surrender (more drums and meatier) rather than the album mix. Plus, I'm all you need (Single mix) being included in the greatest hits compilation - for me, it is a sign of that era, most artists in the mid eighties slightly remixed their singles releases.

True Devotion (New Mix) remains a very beautiful song

L xxxx

10. sfx

sfx

I've discovered this discography site http://foxydiscography.blogspot.com made by the guy behind the Samantha Fox Italia blog.
    Looks interesting with lots of rare and unseen items!

11. According to a video blog on her fanclub website, Dame Samantha Karen Fox is doing a UK tour in May.

I literally can not wait! I hope it's proper gigs and not just mimey club PAs.

12. I have managed to work my way through most of her back catalogue in the last month and have loved the majority of it. But god, isn't her Just One Night album awful!? It is like Samantha is trying to be Janet Jackson. It tries to be sexy in a really embarrassing way.

13. Hurt me, hurt me!

But the pants stay on.

14. sfx

sfx

15. I thought the girl on the right was Yvette Fielding!

16. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Help me out here, people! I was convinced Andrea Doria's 'Bucci Bag' uses dialogue from Samantha's 'I Wanna Have Some Fun'. More precisely the "Hey girl, we've got a party to go to tonight..." bit, but now it appears it doesn't! What song does sample it then?

17. Charley

Charley Staff Member

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

It's an uncredited disco song I think, Samantha's track doesn't mention it.
    I did a cd that included a cover of it...but can't find it!

FAB!

19. Forgot this thread was here. A regurgitation of info I posted on the main forum : Sam is going on tour, she's also in Belfast's Kremlin next Saturday. tour is with full band apparently.

SAMANTHA FOX
    MAY
    9 - Usher Hall, Edinburgh
    10 - Perth Concert Hall, Perth
    11 - Royal Concert Hall, Glassgow
    12 - AECC, Aberdeen
    14 - IronWorks, Inverness
    15 - St Georges, Bradford
    18 - Pavillion, Rhyl
    20 - Oasis, Swindon
    21 - Town Hall, Birmingham
    22 - City Hall, Newcastle
    24 - Regent, Ipswich
    25 - Fairfield Halls, Croydon
    26 - Guildhall, Portsmouth
    27 - Apollo Hammersmith, London
    29 - Opera House, Manchester
    JUNE
    1 - Guildhall, Southhampton

20. Are they on sale yet? I couldn't find them listed on the usual sites just now.

I hope she's not done a Geri Halliwell in 2004/5 and set her sites on a big tour only to have to cancel it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.