S08E08 - Boot Camp Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
biffy77 said:
MarkB said:
In all fairness, given that auditions take place over weeks and the standard at the start is not the same as the standard at the end, it does make sense to have a review before the next stage. The question is why haven't they been doing this all along.

They had their names, addresses and phone numbers they could have told them BEFORE it all started. However that doesn't make 'dramatic' TV does it?

Oh, no, I agree actually bringing them to bootcamp just to send them straight back is horrible, but the basic idea is sound.

MarkB said:
biffy77 said:
MarkB said:
In all fairness, given that auditions take place over weeks and the standard at the start is not the same as the standard at the end, it does make sense to have a review before the next stage. The question is why haven't they been doing this all along.

They had their names, addresses and phone numbers they could have told them BEFORE it all started. However that doesn't make 'dramatic' TV does it?

Oh, no, I agree actually bringing them to bootcamp just to send them straight back is horrible, but the basic idea is sound.

Agrred but I think they only did these to make 'good TV' - Although for me I just long for previous series when the programme wasn't so gimmicky.

And Lacel proves that there is no such thing as a better part than an other. Great singers will make whatever part they're given sound great.

Something Kitty will know nothing about.

Who's the hot boy in the glasses. I like the girl with the cool, shaved bleach blonde hair as well.

I didn't think Lascel was very good in the group song.

Kitty continues to be hilarious and better than I remember.

Fucking Frankie's going to end up on the live shows at this rate.... I still don't understand how he got through in the first place?

biffy77 said:
Ok so why did the so-called judges put all these people through before!!? - just shows this programme is more about 'good TV' than talent.

To be fair I'm sure when putting people through you'll do it for all kinds of reasons. Some days will be better than others and there's no knowing what's coming later, so maybe some of them seemed great after a run of really bad auditions. And people who audition at the beginning are an an advantage because the judges won't know the real standard un til they have others to judge them against. It's only when you get to the end and see everyone together that it becomes obvious who shouldn't have got through.

Having said that there are others that clearly shouldn't have even been considered.

Lost In Japan. said:
I didn't think Lascel was very good in the group song.

Kitty continues to be hilarious and better than I remember.

Fucking Frankie's going to end up on the live shows at this rate.... I still don't understand how he got through in the first place?

Frankie is dreadful isn't he? He reminds of a young Jamie Cullen, if Jamie didn't bother cutting his hair and he loves himself far too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.