S08E08 - Boot Camp Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole show is just DREADFUL. I just hope the Beeb make a success of 'The Voice (UK)' and also hope Dannii becomes a judge on that.

They should have picked 'Edge of Glory' for a Gaga song anyway, it's pretty hard to sound good when you sing 'Born This Way' bar the chorus....

Marlon's back from last year (Was it last year?).

He's still really hot. Did we see him audition or has it not been acknowledged that he's there?

Coping With Senility said:
So one of the contestants had to do the... speaking bit of Born This Way? What a great choice to showcase vocal talent.

The fact they've picked Lady Gaga and Jessie J songs at all should make it clear that that ain't a priority.

I had to stop watching it (although I can still hear it, what can I say, I'm weak) as the whole thing is just a mess.

Firstly, throwing a lavish party while you secretly plot to send people home from 'bootcamp' before they've even been allowed to sing is just cruel. Giving the remaining contestants songs to perform that are practically impossible to get 'right' unless you treat them like pub karaoke is stupid and predictable, and to top it all off we have extremely biased editing forcing us to watch the 'emotional journeys' of the most inane and annoying contestants ever.

At this stage they should be showing a little bit of everybody, not the ones they've chosen for us to like.

Tribal Spaceman said:
I had to stop watching it (although I can still hear it, what can I say, I'm weak) as the whole thing is just a mess.

Firstly, throwing a lavish party while you secretly plot to send people home from 'bootcamp' before they've even been allowed to sing is just cruel. Giving the remaining contestants songs to perform that are practically impossible to get 'right' unless you treat them like pub karaoke is stupid and predictable, and to top it all off we have extremely biased editing forcing us to watch the 'emotional journeys' of the most inane and annoying contestants ever.

At this stage they should be showing a little bit of everybody, not the ones they've chosen for us to like.

You have summed up exactly how I feel. I have turned my TV off - this series will be the first series I will make an effort not to watch.

Oh God. Joe Cox or whatever his name is. Those affectations. FUCK OFF. Nooooo. Horrible.

The large woman who just sang "You Got The Love" is probably the only one I've actually been impressed with so far.

That group with Joe Cox, Jade Richards, The Keys and Ginger Girl I've Never Seen Before was the best one all show - they were all so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.