Sabrina Carpenter - "Espresso"

Everything pre-Singular is patchy at best. Basically ignore anything pre-2017 in her discography and you'll be golden.

giphy.gif

I didn't expect to love 'Emails' as much as I did but it was in heavy rotation summer '22 and I still bop when it comes up on shuffle. I kind of expected Espresso to be a cute but throwaway song to hype up her Coachella set, but it's actually that bitch?? It's so breezy and effortless and fun. I've had

'I'm working late cause I'm a singerrrr
Oh, he looks so cute wrapped around my fingerrrr'

stuck in my head for days. The whole song is just hooks on hooks. Her energy is so infectious, I'm so happy she's having a moment right now and I trust her enough to keep putting out material better than the last. I hope she has an album ready to go soonish to capitalize off of the back of the Eras Tour and all the buzz she's getting currently. She's got a freaky little guy, sky high platforms, bops for days...the summer could be hers if she plays her cards right, and I think she will!

She’s teasing a song at the end of the Espresso video, isn’t she?

That gives me hope we’re heading in to the new era with Espresso being the lead for the new album.

I can’t believe the incredible chart updates end this saturday with Taylor flooding Spotify. So let’s enjoy them while we can.

Nobody posted it yet but this was the song that won her discography rate back in 2019 (the fact that she had enough material for a discography rate five years ago really shows how much of a veteran she is even if to many people she still feels like a somewhat new artist):

Actually insane to waste a banger like this on some random flop Netflix film's soundtrack.

Totally different, but her debut single (released almost exactly ten years ago ff) will always be one my faves, it's so sweet and breezy, giving Fearless-era Taylor in the best way:

Nobody posted it yet but this was the song that won her discography rate back in 2019 (the fact that she had enough material for a discography rate five years ago really shows how much of a veteran she is even if to many people she still feels like a somewhat new artist):

Actually insane to waste a banger like this on some random flop Netflix film's soundtrack.

Totally different, but her debut single (released almost exactly ten years ago ff) will always be one my faves, it's so sweet and breezy, giving Fearless-era Taylor in the best way:

*ahem* Yes it did! Still a surprise to me but welcome! A fantastic song.

Honestly, if you like Espresso, I definitely recommend just listening to Emails, as it is in the same vein as that album, especially the boppy, poppies stuff like Read Your Mind, Feather and bet u wanna, and it's also one of the best albums of 2022. Then from there, you could honestly just go backwards through her discography. It's full of bops and a bunch of really great songs, and the Singular albums (especially Act I) are extreme highlights. EVOLution is a great transitional album and has one of my personal favorite songs in On Purpose, and her debut, while being very light, fluffy and young is packed full of melodies that will be stuck in your brain, and some great lyrical phrases. Fearless era Taylor is a great comparison. And her personality shines through every single release so you're a fan of that as well, than you'll probably love her.

I'm so happy this is doing so well. I've been a fan for literally a decade now and I thought seeing Nonsense and Feather become minor hits (with the latter becoming bigger as we talk now) was exciting but seeing this take off and her (hopefully) finally finding the massive success she's always deserved...it's hard to believe honestly.
Espresso is great and definitely her first good song!
Tell me you haven't heard literally anything else without telling me you haven't heard anything else.