Sailor Moon | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Sailor Moon

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jawshx, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: Sailor Moon

Ooh your so close to the final of S1, it's amazing.

2. Re: Sailor Moon

I'd say Pokemon was way more popular, atleast worldwide, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the games, but I feel Sailor Moon has such a dedicated fanbase. The fact that we are even having a conversation about a 19 year old anime is testiment to it's quality. Sure, the animation is dated, and it's very campy, but that to me just adds to it's charm. Sailor Moon has always been about the characters, who are amazingly likable/relatable and I don't think I can say the same about Pokemon's cast.

*SPOILERS FOR SAILOR MOON S*

Anyways, I'm rewatching Sailor Moon S in R2, and I'm up to the episode where Michiru and Haruka get captured. Such an amazing scene! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgvEfPTv24I

3. 3Xs

3Xs

Just watched it! Sooooo good!

Though I'm seriously pissed all their memories have been erased and they have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. What the fuck? So annoying how they're not going to remember anything from the first season!

Oh well, off to watch R now!

4. Re: Sailor Moon

Wait and see! tehee~

5. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

YAY! I was looking for that answer. Now for shits and giggles watch the English dub version although saying that I do sort of prefer the part where they take down Queen Beryl, the music is better.

A rare moment of the dub.

6. Re: Sailor Moon

Onoes! Kidnapped by the 'Negaverse'!!!11

7. Re: Sailor Moon

Another reason that makes Sailor Moon great (for me) is how the storylines get bigger each season. Season 1 is good but that season ending just finishes up so strong and is only an indication of how strong the material will get and emotional it becomes from that moment forward.

My only Sailor Moon complaints would be that awful SuperS season. Its just not for me, but I see its appeal. Im not too big a fan of Chibiusa and that season was Chibiusa overload. And also the weird, two plot R season, which ironically doesn't get good until Chibiusa arrives.

8. Re: Sailor Moon

Oh, and for people who like Sailor Moon, you should all watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. It's like Sailor Moon and other Magical Girl shows..don't let the shows cute looks deceive you though, it basically takes Sailor Moon.. and turns all the usual conventions on their heads. Death, psychological mind fucks and action galore!~

Seriously, it starts slow, but really picks up after the second episode. Plus, it's only 12 episodes long!~

Clips of the show: (*SPOILERS* but want to get my point across.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8nI5OPlR8

9. 3Xs

3Xs

God the dub is sooooo terrible after watching the Japanese version. I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they picked the voice actors. None of them even remotely sound like 14 year old girls, and Luna and Ami with these British accents is just hilarious.

I can't believe how much they edited out of that episode (and in general throughout the season). It would be great if someday they re-dubbed the entire series and made it more faithful to the original.

10. Re: Sailor Moon

Tenchi Muyo >> Sailor Moon

Sorry..tis true.

11. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Even though it is hideous I still am fond of it for all the wrong reasons and I actually do quite like Ami's voice, in face I like them all except for Serena. I can never get my head around that one. If you think those were bad you do not want to listen to the newer ones for a whole episode..

Yeah, like 5 episodes worth of editing I think. To be fair though it was aimed at like 7 year olds, the Sailor Says part always made me laugh but that was typical 90's TV. Always a message of some sorts.

12. Re: Sailor Moon

Luna's voice is hilarious!

13. Re: Sailor Moon

I laughed out loud when she nearly got hit by a car haha

Taeyang likes this.
  14. 3Xs

3Xs

Chibiusa is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fuckin' annoying. Someone please tell me that she at least gets more bearable as the show goes on!

15. Re: Sailor Moon

She does.. but pretty not much at all in R. You might wanna skip SuperS, as it's a whole seasons dedicated to ChibiUsa.. haha

16. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Your right, she annoyed the fuck out of me. She kinda of gets a bit better but not till near the end.

Was anyone else weirded out by Usagi hinting Mamo liked her? I was like "Yeah, OK... Japan is odd".

17. Re: Sailor Moon

Meh stuff like that happens all the time in Anime like this. Rika from Cardcaptor Sakura gets engaged to her teacher and she is 10...

Chibiusa really is very annoying. SuperS is my least favourite series.

18. Re: Sailor Moon

I remember this. Hahaha. Seriously, everyone is gay in CCS apart from Sakura.

Anyways, I was checking out the Korean dub on Youtube and they REALLY butchered Sailor Moon. If you thought it couldn't get worse than the DiC dub, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WALOCJjlY

Yes, all scenes featuring Rei at the Japanese shrine and in her Miko robes are cut out of EVERY episode in the entire series, so they merged episode 9 and 10 together, and cut out any future episodes that spent too long at the temple or that focused on Rei. Most confusing thing ever.

They also cut out around I dunno, half of the SuperS series because Fisheye was crossdressing/transgendered. One would think you could just change his gender rather than cutting out over half the series..

Oh yeah, and any scenes featuring kissing were cut.

One wonders why they even bothered dubbing it!

19. Re: Sailor Moon

Haha thats hilarious Rei is just randomly appearing all over the place!

20. Re: Sailor Moon

Hahaha, I know, right? Poor Rei.

Also, Korean wants you to cover up, gorls!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.