Saint Etienne - General Discussion | Page 137 | The Popjustice Forum

Saint Etienne - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ordon, Sep 1, 2006.

1. So this hasn't leaked at all?

2. Nope! Well done team Saint Etienne! Even the most super-secure, high profile acts usually leak by Wednesday or Thursday as the physical CDs hit the shops ready for pricing, etc. Quite surprised actually. It'll be nice to hear it on Saturday fresh though.

3. Ray

Ray

It's on Dutch iTunes. Standard 13-track version and no digital booklet. *buys deluxe from Amazon*

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Leaked o clock.
    Deluxe.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Over The Border is an emotional weep-athon.
    It's all of us as kids basically.

6. Has it really leaked?

7. I love how it starts with something so reminscent of the last track (also my favourite) of the last album.

So far the only track I'm not mad about is Answer Song.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

The album is fantastic. Not a bad track and so many highlights.
    Bravo The Etienne.

Could well be my favourite album by them.

It's very Saint Etienne AND very now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  9. Hopefully mine should arrive tomorrow, so I'll resist until then methinks!

10. I've downloaded the leak, but I'm not playing it until after their live radio session at 11:30am today!

11. The interview was nice enough, usual ground covered... (Bob wasn't present, he was at the museum thing he's doing tonight). Anyway, I do love their speaking voices, so middle class and polite. Love this band. They performed two tracks, Last Days of Disco (lovely orchestral outro and nice to hear Debsy there on backing vocals...) and I've Got Your Music (much funkier and beefed up!). Sarah's vocals wobbled a bit on the choruses, bless her. And now... I'm going for the leak. First listen!

12. Ray

Ray

What an incredibly sad record.

*clicks Anfunny's link* *discovers the show just ended* AAAHHHH.

13. The session was very nice apart from a few vocal accidents. They're very charming.

14. So the album is really good. I love the final 4 songs. Old skool fans who were bemoaning the constant dance-pop direction they seem to be pushing all the time with the A-sides need not worry, there's a whisp of folk, melancholia, cult eclecticism, disco shimmies, pop sparkles, retro chic and nerdy references, so it's not a total sell out, if you like. I'll be playing this lots and getting to know it over the next few days ready for the gig next weekend. Physical tomorrow in the post I hope, then the box set download on Monday, I might make the video of I've Got Your Music, the gig next Sunday and the album art poster for my wall. The rest of May is lost to my love affair with Saint Etienne!

15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It's Saint Maytienne!

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

This album is so good it's actually making me a bit emotional. 20 years after getting into them and they've never stopped being amazing. If I hadn't ordered the 3CD boxset I probably WOULD actually be crying now, as this album deserves luxury.

17. vasilios

vasilios Guest

When I Was Seventeen = best use of mandolin since Five's Keep On Moving.
    Is it mandolin I wonder?

18. I am waiting until I get the CD to listen to this and you all are making it hell.

19. How in the world did I miss the comeback? O.M.G.!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.