Sam Smith - 3rd Album | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith - 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mikal, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Just seen this video for To Die For, was literally in tears. Such a great video to go with that song.

2. There’s a subtlety in their voice that we haven’t really seen in any of their big ballads before, it reminds me of the Troye’s (quite nice) ballads on Blue Neighbourhood.

spaceship, Island, SMG and 4 others like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ugh Jake - what a King

4. This broke me.

I was not expecting that. DAMMIT.

5. Such a good performance on Graham Norton last night, beautiful vocals. I love how much Justin Timberlake was stanning Sam straight afterwards too.

spaceship, Island, Meathook and 2 others like this.
  6. Love the video. Nice to see something more allegorical and artful from big pop stars these days.

7. This song has been haunting me since yesterday. I really do love it. I'm on the fence whether to pre-order the vinyl or not as I was never a fan before and am skeptical of there being some of their previous style of songs which I really do not like. Ug this song though. So sad and while doesn't pertain to me at this point of time, I have definitely been there before.

blaze_dave and spaceship like this.
  8. The video and the song is probably the strongest package Sam ever offered. Honestly this whole era feels like I'm meeting them all over again for the first time. Vinyl pre-ordered and I'm ready for a tour.

9. If you liked Dancing With A Stranger, How Do You Sleep Tonight and To Die For, you might as well pre order the vinyl. I mean even the artwork and vinyl variations are on point.

I cancelled my order for the red vinyl and got the purple one.

suitechicguy and spaceship like this.
  10. About the tracklist: so we already know like six songs (I will stop listening anything until the album drops), and there´s a special deluxe "book" edition with 17 tracks, I hope we will get a couple of new tracks there, and maybe on target or japanese editions.

spaceship likes this.
  11. It took me a few listens but I really love To Die For now. You can tell in the songwriting it's a Jimmy Napes track but it's unlike any of Sam's other balladry - it's so delicate. The sample is perfect. I hope the moms make it smash.

12. Had a few listens and it’s beautifully crafted. I prefer this type of ballad sound to all of their other ballads by miles, this type of sound is so much more authentic to them I feel, and interesting. Love it.

13. Yup, now this is good. Well done Sam.

14. I did a full 180! Its great.

suitechicguy and blaze_dave like this.
  15. I mean this really is a step up from the usual fare he has released which was downright boring, balladry done right.

Verandi, blaze_dave and sesita like this.
  16. They’re shooting a video this week. Featuring an A-list female singer.

edit: Oops, thought this was hot tea, but I see the writing credits have already been released so y'all can probably put two and two together..

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    nbtsa likes this.
  17. So the Demi duet is the big pop single to come pre-album? Seems smart. Could be the huge smasha she needs and get more attention for this album than the title track.

18. Did we forget the "they" pronouns already?

Also, Demi... Le sigh.

19. I mean if it bops I don't care.

sayzee_spice and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.