Sam Smith - Gloria | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith - Gloria

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BrokenHearts, Jan 3, 2022.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Flops Bebe and now Kim potentially having back to back UK #1's?? C'mon Dev now is your time!!1

2. It's kind of harmless. It's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be in these parts, but I don't get why it's popping off. Lyrically, it's a mystery to me on who this song is for.

Cowboystyle and londonrain like this.
  3. Just pretend it doesn't exist, like me. It makes life much more bearable

kal likes this.
  4. This absolutely smashing has me feel old in ways that I never have. I simply don’t get it.

Ferk likes this.
  5. I despise Kim but I can at least admit she has some excellent songs in her discography that were worthy of chart success. This really is a travesty. I really don't think this will translate into solo success for Kim, though.

6. Very close to a #1 debut at first projections… I wonder if they’ll try to pull off any additional sales to make it happen.
    The thing is—I don’t even know there’s fan base coin to exploit with physicals or other downloads (remixes/instrumental/acapella) if they did. But if it’s truly that close, it might make the difference.
    PLEASE don’t conflate this with me rooting for this song’s success—it’s just fascinating to me!!!

7. tea

tea

If this blocks Steve Lacy's shot at #1 while Harry was loitering there for weeks ...

[​IMG]

8. Why is Unstoppable by Sia charting in the year of 2022?!

(I know the answer is likely TikTok but still…)

OlliMaus, Ferk and Digital_Fossil like this.
  9. A commercial and TikTok yeah. And it was subsequently sent to radio too.

10. First a Sia resurgence now this yeah tik tok needs to be banned

11. pdf

pdf

wow Sam & Kim really do provoke strong (like really strong) reactions in people.

Cowboystyle likes this.
  12. kal

kal

This is a shit take, because the reactions have been overwhelmingly about the song, and not Sam/Kim.

13. tea, Wishlight, Rob and 8 others like this.
  14. I like the sound of that. If this disaster being a hit means we get an album that isn’t boring, maybe it’s worth it.

Cutlery, Island, tea and 11 others like this.
  15. Unholy music video out this Friday:

Mikal likes this.
  16. Floria Sigismondi? At least the visuals will be a serve.

Wishlight, Ferk, Steve003 and 4 others like this.
  17. Imagine getting Flora to direct and the budget that was clearly spent on the video and it’s for this basic of a song. A pop tragedy.

Wishlight, Diet Pop!, Ferk and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.