Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? + album 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? + album 3

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mikal, Jun 18, 2019.

1. New single out July 19, written with Max Martin, Ilya and Savan Kotecha. I wouldn't mind a slightly bouncier take on the elegant dance-pop of Dancing With a Stranger.

I think I'm here for Sam this time. He's become a lot more likeable lately. Let's hope he's got all that dreary balladry out of his system.

SMG, acl, blaze_dave and 9 others like this.
  2. This Brits performance with Calvin Harris where he was champagne drunk, serving struggle vocals and having the best time really made me warm to him. I do hope Dancing With A Stranger is the blueprint for the next era.

Matty_up, distant_cousin, acl and 6 others like this.
  3. More Diva Boy, less ballads, please.

LP, slaybellz, Rem and 26 others like this.
  4. I sleep just fine Sam, thanks.

5. Please, just an album with some songs like Promises and Dancing With A Stranger and I won't rag on about the middling ballads sung entirely in ear-splitting falsetto the rest of the album will inevitably be.

6. We'll get promises of garage and house Samantha for weeks and then the album will be 10 ballads, Promises remix and Dancing With A Stranger plus a slow disco cover.

stuaw, snoho, Terminus and 21 others like this.
  7. I don't want to hear anything from him in interviews, but I will gladly take a good album from a high profile homo.

Max Martin? Sam could well be about to give the gays everything they want.

8. St. Vincent <3

9. This has potential to be good

spaceship likes this.
  10. Less "blue-eyed soul" culture vulture from the first gay man to win an Oscar! and more bops Please & Thank You

11. Didn’t he basically say he’s never going to have a boppy album?

He’s able to at least be somewhat musically interesting so let’s hope he’s able to bring that out especially with the collabs he’s been releasing lately.

12. This sounds a bit Frosti by Björk.

Theblackeyesofdeath likes this.
  13. How avant-garde? You know, if lambrini drunk Sam from the Brits comes back... I could be onboard with this.

distant_cousin and RossMusik like this.
  14. I put on your sophomore album, Sam

Songofcole and RossMusik like this.
  15. Just watch this be a cover of Late Night Feelings that'll make me want to jump from a cliff

16. Watch one be a bottle of poppers at some point.

sesita, Jacques, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  17. Poor Jax Jones.

18. upload_2019-7-9_16-24-24.jpeg
    Ft Troye Sivan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.