Sam Smith - To Die For (3rd Album) | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith - To Die For (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mikal, Jun 18, 2019.

1. After Dancing With a Stranger and How Do You Sleep, this song feels like a proper step back. I usually like their ballads but this one is just bleh.

2. Sadly, I was right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  3. aux

aux

[​IMG]

Subspace88, Sail On, 4Roses and 67 others like this.
  4. I hate this fucking forum

5. Looks exactly like when she was in drag on Ru Paul's Drag Race!

Meathook, QueenB, Blond and 1 other person like this.
  6. I actually like the song after a few listens, it's not his best ballad but is nice enough.

Mikey1701 and timothy_b like this.
  7. This is a no from me.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  8. Nah I'm logging off.

I already thought the over was a bit A level photography coursework but now I'll never be able to unsee this.

Subspace88, Bleu Noir and slaybellz like this.
  9. Although I'm absolutely not bopping, I do understand that for an artist like Sam who's built their career on it, a couple of decent ballads will sell an album.

If it's the sacrifice we have to pay for more pussy-poppers like How Do You Sleep then I'm totally fine with it.

10. Or maybe they're genuinely into this song and they felt like releasing it, who even knows...

slaybellz and sugarcoma like this.
  11. This is tea, even as a really big hit, 'How Do You Sleep' is not going to shift albums.

eddy2375 and blaze_dave like this.
  12. I mean it's barely a Capaldi ballad. It bops a bit and the little touches like the vocoder add a lot. Also I adore the chorus melody

Verandi, Island, SMG and 7 others like this.
  13. True and I actually don't mind their ballads, it only goes horribly wrong when they go into Jesse J mode on the songs that ruin it. Whereas To Die For is pleasant and they don't over do it.

14. From some of the comments I was expecting something like their previous stuff and very ballad-y. I am quite surprised that I actually like this a lot. I do like the momentum they built with the other tracks and this is perfectly fine.

15. This is better than their previous ballads for me. You can tell their really feeling the emotion which I think makes it rather pretty and perhaps elevates it some. Not as interesting as what they've been releasing recently (I still get my whole gay ass life to I Feel Love) but good. Still excited to see what the album brings.

16. It’s a lovely ballad.

17. I am not offended by this in the slightest.

As others have commented it bops along at a nice pace for a ballad and his vocals sound raw and sincere.

blaze_dave likes this.
  18. I... really like this. The lyrics aren't objectively all that, but they really hit me and I wasn't ready!

Subspace88, Meathook, Verandi and 3 others like this.
  19. Better than Nirvana/Stay With Me/I'm Not The Only One/Too Good At Goodbyes this is not.

GRMusic likes this.
  20. The melody is so basic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.