Sam Smith. | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Dec 2, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

https://soundcloud.com/samsmithworld/money-on-my-mind

From detailsofmylifesofar

Appearing on the BBC’s Sound of 2014 Longlist earlier today, the talented Sam Smith follows up with a Zane Lowe/Radio 1 assisted première of his debut single “Money On My Mind“. The Two Inch Punch produced single will be his first solo foray into the charts, released just in time to capitalise on the inevitable wave of hype that is set to follow him for the next few months.

So good!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    TRAVVV likes this.
  2. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

This is brilliant. 10/10. I'm so glad he's going in this direction, you couldn't really tell where he was going with the Nirvana EP.
    I think he's probably one of my favorite male singers out at the moment. Can't wait to see him on tour.

3. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

This is great! I was worried things would get too ballad-heavy, but this seems to build off of the direction he was suggesting by featuring on "Latch" and "La La La," which is a very, very good thing.

4. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

Loathe it! I love everything he has done until now, but the chorus makes me run in horror. #screechy

5. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

That chorus is terrible. This isn't debut single material.

6. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

I like this but Nirvana and Safe With Me were much stronger choices for an official debut single. Either way, I know I'm gonna love Sam's upcoming album.

7. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

By far the weakest of everything he's put out so far, but it's still quite good.

8. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

[video=youtube;gVa5HUGGPmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVa5HUGGPmo[/video]

Lyrics video is up, the song is pretty poor especially the chorus. I expected more given the strength of Safe With Me.

9. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

It's not a song that benefits from writing out the lyrics, is it?

Good to know that he tends to close the door when he goes home though. I still haven't quite mastered that.

10. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

That chorus is really grating

11. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

I've been hammering this so much.

12. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

Me too - jam total.

13. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

A solid 0/10 chorus. Really cheesy/lame, and he sounds like a squawking bird.

It's a total crime that after Latch, Lay Me Down, Safe With Me and Nirvana, he puts this crap out as his lead single. Really, really disappointing. I hope the album is better than this.

14. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

'In The Lonely Hour' is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in years- he's very Adele-like, isn't he? In terms of his metaphors/lyric writing style.

15. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

Album cover:

[​IMG]

16. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

It's been noted, but "Money On My Mind" is a case study in how to fuck up a chorus.

Still listenable though.

17. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

Wow. I'm totally blown away by this! What a f**king banger! Has that euphoric/downbeat mix last heard on a Jessie Ware remix...

18. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

The MK remix is cumtastic too!

19. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

That cover really lets the whole affair down; it's not even that it's simply a misfire, it's downright unpleasant.

20. Re: Sam Smith – Money On My Mind

The chorus is actually horrific, surely this is a terrible choice for the first single?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.