Sam Smith. | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Dec 2, 2013.

1. It definitely is a shame he didn't lead with 'Safe With Me' which is pretty much perfect, while this at least average and on bad days awful.

2. A&E

A&E

The hook has grown on me, it's just the "when I go home I tend to close the door" line that grates me now.

3. He's so relatable.

4. ?!?!

Go listen to Nirvana now. It's the best song he has to his name.

Also, the worst part of Money On My Mind is the hook.

5. I absolutely adore "Safe with Me" but I can understand why they went with the considerably more middle-of-the-road "Money on My Mind". Whoever said he's following an Emeli Sandé-esque trajectory so far is spot on - Our Version of Events couldn't be more inoffensive if it tried (as amazing an album as it is) but she still gets to work with the likes of Wiley, Rudimental, Naughty Boy et al.

6. I believe Emeli is a bit of a mentor for him actually, I think they had the same management for a period of time.

7. Wow I just head Nirvana, what a fucking fantastic song. Why would that not be on the album? Jesus.

8. You can pre-order the signed deluxe from his site for £9.99.

9. Well that interview has certainly made me like him a little bit more. His Twitter was starting to grate on me.

Can't believe he's only 21?! Wow. Such a young guy, thought he was a bit older.

10. It's no Price Tag (the worst song ever recorded), but it's pretty bad too. Stop the "I don't care for money" songs, people, or at least release them only as free downloads.

11. Agreed. They should be free or purely charity songs.

12. Here is Stay With Me:
    [video=youtube;-rC8RRXcfeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rC8RRXcfeo[/video]

13. Gorgeous, if a bit underwhelming. Undoubtedly a grower.

14. rdp

rdp

Not sure about all these stripped down ballads he's releasing as promo - I liked the sound of the Nirvana EP better.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  15. I think it's gorgeous, I love the choir vocals.

16. "Stay With Me" was great the first time, when it was "Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty.

17. Slay With Me. Sorry but yes.

18. Stay With Me was the song I thought sounded huge from his Glastonbury set, and it doesn't disappoint. Teary.

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

So ready for this album now. Money On My Mind is (slowly) growing on me, but I'm still calling it a blip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.