Sam Smith. | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Smith.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Dec 2, 2013.

1. New to the Sam Smith world. Stay With Me is so very similar to I Won't Back Down.

2. His label seem to be trying to take Bad Day All Week down from the internet, how sad!

3. He truly is awful. Sorry all, but I can't say it enough.

4. Easily the most hilariously creepy interview I've read in the last hour. "You are a bit yummy aren't you?" the interviewer says to the 16 year old up-and-comer. In fairness I thought Sam came off quite well.

5. Whoa, I'm surprised. I LOVE Money On My Mind. It's such a fresh sound.

I get the backlash of the price tag type songs, but you gotta love music to be in the industry these days. You either make a lot of money.. or struggle to get through since no one purchases albums.

It's not the 90s any mo.

6. You can listen to snippets of the album in iTunes now.

I don't think I'm even going to bother actually listening to the album in full anymore. Boring two-dimensional ballads from front to back. The production is as boring and nondescript as Sam's songwriting.

7. Anathema

Anathema Guest

8. Is Bad Day All Week still around anywhere?

9. It's a shame.

Unfortunately it seems to have been scrubbed clean from the internet. It was hilariously awful.

10. A&E

A&E

11. Too many ballads, midtempos on the album, was my first thought when I heard the iTunes previews. I always thought the album would be a lot edgier.

12. Restart sounds like it could be my song of the summer.

13. I'm very pleased to hear a new version of Lay Me Down - the original studio version was awful, and this sounds like a good halfway between it and the excellent acoustic.

14. They've scrubbed away his old twitter now as well, this is so sad it's like his record label is going out of their way to make him dull.

15. Yass what was he saying about Little Mix?

16. He released Leave Your Lover in the US and hit number one on iTunes for a while. I have a feeling the album is going to do quite well.

17. There's not that much that keeps me coming back to the samples. I think he needs more uptempos, I love Restart.

18. It's not that he needs more uptempos, it's that he needs less MOR ballads, and a return to more interesting production.

Not Sam going straight4pay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.