Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal (third album) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal (third album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Eel_Ssab, Nov 1, 2019.

1. This is really smooth and elegant. Always good to hear Mrs Sparro’s voice.

sayzee_spice likes this.
  2. The new song is amazing. It's a 2/2 for me..i can already feel this is going to be one of my fave albums of the year!

LP and sayzee_spice like this.
  3. Everything and Eye 2 Eye are so good, ugh!

4. I’m obsessed with this. This whole album is shaping up to be a tribute to Rhythm Nation and I’m here for it.

LP, sayzee_spice, greedygordo and 2 others like this.
  5. Nikka Costa was involved with 'Eye 2 Eye' which can only be a good thing.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. I’m excited to listen on a very quiet album day for New Music Friday. I’m sad he switched the artwork, much preferred the original.

7. I don’t mind the new cover, but hoping he uses the original artwork for the vinyl. Something about having a cassette tape on the cover of a record rubs me wrong. Can’t wait to listen later.

8. The new cover looks so... Behance.com. Still can't wait to get home and listen to this tonight though.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. The original cover was gorgeous. This one... exists.

greedygordo likes this.
  10. Yeah I'm using the single cover for Outside the Blue instead of the one they chose.

The music, however.... SLAPS. Fantastic comeback for him.

LP likes this.
  11. I haven't listened yet but if it's good I'll give him a vinyl sale whenever it goes live for pre-order.

12. On my first listen, it seems a lot more cohesive than the previous two albums. This can only be a good thing.

13. Now does it heavily wear its influences on its sleeve? Yes but this is fucking excellent, I have listened through twice now and not skipped a track.

The PPL needs to be made a single if he's gonna release something else from this. Also, Vibe Forever should be a full fucking track.

Give me the fucking vinyl already.

sayzee_spice, LP, mindtrappa and 2 others like this.
  14. Love Like That's chorus is pure honey dripping on a pancake.

sayzee_spice, LP and greedygordo like this.
  15. This is an excellent album. I’ve seen people mention the vinyl, has it been officially confirmed one is coming?

16. Sam confirmed that there will be one.

inevitable and jordxn like this.
  17. Listening to this right now and it's literally full of bops. Amazing album!

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  18. Honestly, springtime is perfect for this album. Cmon sensual sunshine!

Liberty likes this.
  19. This album is bops central. I do feel like Everything & Eye 2 Eye are the best tracks, which is shame, but it’s all such a fun listen. Marvelous Lover is especially exceptional.

inevitable and greedygordo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.