Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Eel_Ssab, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Really digging his new single.

2. Listening to this, I Feel Love and Don't Start Now on repeat.

inevitable, kaushik and Eel_Ssab like this.
  3. Love it! When he brings it, he really brings it. Is there another sudden disco revival? And of course, Sophie would be either too early or too late for it..

I don’t know why the 3rd album ended up as 3 EPs that went nowhere. I’d like another full length from him.

londonrain likes this.

4. There’s one coming in February

5. As @Jwentz said it’s very Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and I love every second of it.

BettaPlayThatSax and Jwentz like this.
  6. Holy 1990, this is exactly the type of vintage Jimmy Jam castoff I'm always needing.

7. He’s giving boyband in the video

8. This is really great. I haven't been checking for Sam Sparro for a long time, so thanks for sharing!

9. This is amazing....

10. Can we change the thread title to Boombox Eternal (third album) to reflect the new era? @Eel_Ssab

11. Sounds great! Musically it kinda reminds me a bit of Jermaine Stewart which is no bad thing at all. Looking forward to the album.

12. Done x

13. I’ve been revisiting his past stuff and that second album was pretty decent despite him not really capitalizing on anything post Black & Gold and waiting ages to release anything else. I Wish I Never Met You goes off.

14. Great to have him back!

15. Love seeing a thread of one of my favorite singers! Everything is well everything. Cmon new jack swing

BikeThief, inevitable and Vitamin like this.
  16. Hope you're all living your early 90s mall fantasy with this absolute tune

Hunter and lushLuck like this.
  17. Remixes are out next Friday including one from the brilliant Todd Edwards!

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

OOOF this is great but maybe a bit too on the nose with its references? His voice is super underrated though.

19. It does sound and look a bit cosplay-ish, okay very cosplay-ish... but I'll continue to listen on repeat.

Smooth Criminal and lushLuck like this.
  20. Do you guys mean the sound / lyrics or the video / styling?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.