Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Sparro - Boombox Eternal

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Eel_Ssab, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think I've replayed the album a bajillion times now.

LPT and Vitamin like this.

2. Love Like That rightfully getting a push.

LPT, BikeThief and Liberty like this.
  3. The Initial Talk remix is really good. It reminds me of Janet's That's the way love goes.

LPT and jbnd05 like this.
  4. Great album! It's definitely one of those albums you can listen to from top to bottom without skipping a track. Even the intro is amazing, my favorite since the intro to Amerie's Because I Love It album.

5. Hmm, the Initial Talk remix is good, I enjoy that mix of In Your Heaven as well.

6. Anything Initial Talk touches turns to solid gold.
    This is a surprisingly good album. I didn't even know it was coming, just came across it.

7. We’re now in September and I’m still listening to this from start to finish and it’s still my AOTY.
    Although now tied with What’s Your Pleasure.

Where is the Vinyl Samantha?

BikeThief, londonrain and AceReject like this.
  8. I used to be a really big fan of Sam's. In fact, when he toured his debut album, the show I saw remains among my favourite live going experiences ever. "Return to Paradise" remains excellent, even knowing what headspace he was in at the time. Sometimes great art is being created in moments of great pain.

His one-off singles and EPs in between were all of varying degrees of quality, though I have a soft spot for the "Pink Cloud" EP.

Now I finally found a moment to listen to his new record. It is so good, I am stunned. Exactly the type of very early 90's soulful R&B infused danceable Pop that's been my thing for years now. Even the intros, interludes (the vaporwave beginning sequeing into the real thing on "Your Vibe", chef's kiss). Wow, never expected for him to come back so brilliantly. It's a real "Ray of Light" turnaround. No outer circumstances can keep such talent and passion for music down.

Now, a Coldcut/Pettibone inspired accompanying Remix Album would make this perfect.

I kind of feel like Covid buried this album though, but maybe I am being overly dramatic here. It just did not cross my radar at all.

So, where can I buy the CD?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    LPT, londonrain and 2014 like this.
  9. LPT, londonrain and plasticFANTASTIC like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I can't get over how incredible this album is?

11. It's been slept on so hard, it's one of the best albums released this year.

2014 and Liberty like this.
  12. A couple of weeks ago he said that he will release a deluxe edition of Boombox Eternal, I guess this is the first tease.

IceflamePhoenix, inevitable and j267 like this.
  13. Deluxe Edition OUT this Friday!

Jersey, Vitamin, LPT and 8 others like this.
  14. But still no vinyl release.

[​IMG]

15. Brilliant! Can’t wait for it

Nephilim likes this.
    inevitable, j267 and LPT like this.
  17. 2022 is not what I had in mind for an album that’s already a year old. But I’ll take what I can get.

Burzum likes this.

18. It's a serve.

LPT, Jersey, Nephilim and 2 others like this.
  19. Welp, I'm late AF but "Melody of Us" came up on a Daily Mix & now the entire album is lodged in my brain.

LPT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.