Sam Sparro 'Return To Paradise' [Album - Early 2011] | The Popjustice Forum

Sam Sparro 'Return To Paradise' [Album - Early 2011]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Caligula, Sep 14, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Listen to "Pink Cloud"

More at "Electroqueer" (beware, includes NSFW promo picture of Sam)

2. Not getting what's NSFW about the picture. Please explain.

Obviously a B-side kind of track, but yeah, at least he's referencing the right parts of the 90s.

3. I'm excited about this. I hope he delivers.

4. The photo may not be NSFW but it isn't a pretty sight either. I like the song though, it feels easy and less contrived than the original-flavor Sam Sparro.

5. I don't know where you work at but I for one would definitely get a pink slip if I was caught oogling at half-naked guys/girls posing sexually.

He Twittered that he's recorded 40 tracks for the album and has to decide which one makes the cut. I have a very good feeling for this, it sounds like this album is going to be amazing.

6. Interesting. Certainly based on the photos and what he has to say about the album it seems like he might be closer to finding his identity as an artist. I still believe he has tremendous potential and I'd love to see him tackle 90s dance music with diva flair.

7. hes great live so i hope its a killer album

8. When are we going to hear some of the new stuff?

He just tweeted that he's writing with Marcella Detroit of Shakespeare's Sister, which is amazing.

9. What an unlikely but potentially brilliant collaboration.

10. He's great live
    I hope he comes back with something strong

11. YES! It's only the buzz single though, isn't it?

12. Getting sick of this buzz single shit.

Buzz single=shit track

13. Me too but I guess it works (sometimes).

14. It doesn't. It's a stupid concept.

15. popknark

popknark Moderator

Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat, Robyn - Konichiwa Bitches, Robyn - Fembot, Natalia Kills - Mirrors, Marina & The Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot = all amazing buzz singles.

I agree it's a bit of a silly concept which sometimes fights its own purpose but "buzz single=shit track" is a bad, bad pop calculation.

16. Not keen on any of those tracks, so I disagree. "Bad pop calculation"? How ridiculous.

17. No, no. Popknark is correct. You're actually wrong on all accounts.

18. RE: natalia though, isn't zombie the bad buzz from a year ago, and mirrors is the fingers crossed please be a hit single.
    Also see sky ferreira / i blame coco, its becoming ridiculous to see what is a buzz track and whats a string of flops.

19. Coco's singles were a string of flops while Sky's singles were flop except for 17 which was the buzz single.

Or at least that's how I see it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.