Samantha Jade - General Discussion | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

Samantha Jade - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Knightr634, Jun 1, 2013.

1. The tempo is very Atomic Kitten drum machine.

The song is fine. I understand wanting to do a tribute to her mum, but most of Nine was and this just isn't it.

The title, the artwork, everything screamed bop so this feels like another misstep.

From recent interviews apparently rather than an album she is working on two EPs. As they are completely different vibes. So I suspect one will be like this and hopefully the other will be bops. She can't afford to lose the gays.

Hopefully this will be like when the released Nothing Without You and very quickly brushed under the carpet and forgotten about.

So I believe she is now signed to her other halfs label. Not sure if she was dropped by Sony or was just part of mass exit that recently happened with all the troubles. I think considering who her future father in law is, it's a bit of both.

2. Girl needs to do Eurovision.

MB likes this.
  3. It is frustrating, especially considering the recent exposure with Celebrity Apprentice, that she releases this particular track. Do not get me wrong, the song is pleasant enough but it isn’t what her audience expect nor want.

Samantha Jade delivered bops, working with DNA hitmakers, yet since parting with them, nothing has been as strong as ‘Firestarter’, ‘Soldier’ and ‘What You’ve Done to Me’. ‘Bounce’ came close and really brought the focus back but again, hype was not maintained and she was back to where she was.

I am at a loss at what she should do next. With a song titled ‘Dance Again’, you would have expected a bop that slaps except we receive this, which is nice, but nothing that we haven’t heard before from her!

4. She doesn’t have an audience though. It’s clearly just gonna be releasing something every few months and hoping something sticks.

sugababesoverloaded likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.