Samantha Jade - General Discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Samantha Jade - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Knightr634, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

Changed the topic title as Samantha Jade's album should be coming out soon. (I didn't really know whether to call it her 1st, 2nd, or 3rd album HA!)

Anyway new single is called Solider and this is a snippet:

[video=youtube;svq7KwQpGZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svq7KwQpGZY[/video]

Out in Australia on 15th November

2. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

I'm loving her output since she won The X Factor! Sony Australia seems to be doing a great job!

Was "The Golden Touch" even a proper release? Maybe classifying this as her second album would be best!

She's nominated in the ARIA Awards for Song of the Year with "What You've Done to Me" and Best Video for "Firestarter." I hope she wins at least one!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  3. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

I just can't deal with how Australia is constantly handed these amazingly talented popstars on a silver platter (Samantha Jade, Jessica Mauboy, Delta Goodrem, etc) who are then mismanaged to hell and back.

She should've had this album and the single to come out alongside it while she could get an X Factor slot. Needless to say the X Factor slot she did get was absolutely useless, I think it was around a month after her single had already peaked. What sort of fuckery is that?

Anyway, 'Soldier' sounds good. If a bit lifeless.

4. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I actually don't mind that the album's still coming. I couldn't picture it doing very well after only one single.

5. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

Add into this the shelved My Name Is Samantha Jade album and this just becomes a right hot mess.

6. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

I agree that it definitely needed two singles, especially after the underperformance of 'Firestarter' but ideally they would've launched 'Soldier' and the album with an X Factor slot.

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Her "The Golden Touch" album was released without her permission nor Sony's, and was basically very shady and all with her former label wanting portion of her income and all. I say "Samantha Jade" is her first album, and her X Factor win was basically a re-debut for her.

At first I thought the single's called "Solider", like being stronger or more solid - but then it's a typo error.

8. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

I'll change it to the album title once we know it.

But I agree, I don't think Sony Music Aus know what they're doing with any of their artists. They seem to treat it as if their acts are American, like an on air/on sale thing. Then release a video (finally) weeks after the initial charting. But I do think the way the Australian buying public works more like the UK when it needs a 2-3 weeks promotion first before release and to gather pace on radio. Firestarter did really well all things considered but it could have so easily been top 3. It was connecting but at just a slow pace that by the time she performed it on X Factor it's chance had been and gone.

They did the same with Delta Goodrem, Wish You Were Here did so well because it was featured in a TV advert, had it not, I'm sure it would have served the same fate as Dancing With A Broken Heart. Wait how they do the same to Dami Im next year!

I'm intrigued with Solider, the snippet isn't grabbing me so much like Firestarter and What You've Done To Me did, but we'll see! They'd better get a lyric video up and running next week!

9. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Soldier)

She's sure to kill it live! She always deliver in that aspect.

10. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Solider)

I didn't realise the type - sorted!

I guess this is her 2nd album, but then it's kind of her 1st and 3rd. Golden Touch is available to buy, and had more people downloaded it, it would have charted, this is why I struggled to work out what it was. Maybe I should call it a re-re debut!

11. Re: Samantha Jade - 3rd album and singles (Firestarter/Soldier)

You should title the thread "First Non-Cover, Major Label, Artist-Approved Album Discussion."

Do it, I dare you.

12. Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover, Major Label,Artist-Approved Album and singles (Firestarter/Sold

You dared me!

13. Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

Amazing. Everyone can thank me via the medium of PM.

14. Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

I approve of this title.

15. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

Her first PROPER album... FINALLY!

Can we just call it "Samantha Jade - General Discussion" to get rid of the technicalities of her discography? That's what you (music industry) have done to her!

16. Rob

Rob

Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

What is this thread title? And where the hell is her album? Is there even a sniff of a release date?

17. Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

A quick history of Samantha Jade's album discography:

- My Name Is Samantha Jade, a shelved album from 2007 when she was signed to Jive in the US.
    - The Golden Touch, released December of last year to digital retailers by Camp West, some indie label she was signed to after she was dropped by Jive but before she competed on X Factor Australia. It was one of those Adam Lambert type of affairs where they were just trying to cash in on her sudden fame after she won X Factor by releasing an album full of undercooked songs she recorded for them. Obviously Samantha nor Sony Australia supported this release.
    - Samatha Jade, the album released by Sony after she won X Factor that consisted of her winner's single and studio versions of songs she performed on X Factor.
    - Her as-yet untitled upcoming studio album that will consist of new material.

18. Hitori

Hitori Guest

She could have been massive back then wouldn't she? Jive was biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig. She didn't deserve to be dropped.

19. Re: Samantha Jade - First Non-Cover,Major Label,Artist-ApprovedAlbum Discussion+Singles (Solider/Fir

I love Samantha. Her and Jess Maubouy are doing Australia proud on the pop stage right now.

I think the new single was produced by DNA again. They've done the first two singles so I guess if it ain't broke...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  20. Rob

Rob

I'm aware of this, but couldn't we just call it "New Album Discussion" ot something similar?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.