Samantha Mumba - Cool, Process and second album (2020) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Samantha Mumba - Cool, Process and second album (2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by NuhdeensPassport, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Okay Omero

2. Sounds a lot like early Dawn Richard, which makes sense as it's produced by Druski who made Armor On and Goldenheart with her.

TRAVVV, berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  3. Oh no, it sounds bad

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  4. Here is the Spotify Link:

andru and londonrain like this.
  5. I'm liking this. Chaotic bop.

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  6. It's awful, For anyone who grew up with Samantha Mumba we want pop bangers, Not this.

Rob, TurnItIntoLove and maneater83 like this.
  7. Oh this was amazing! I also feel like it sounds like her for 2020. This was pop IMO. I hope it gets a good video!

berserkboi likes this.
  8. Different but I like it. It needs to grow on me I think.

9. It sounds a bit like I’ve got different songs playing on YouTube and Spotify at the same time.

JORDAN likes this.
  10. Hurt my head a bit, sounds too messy

11. Yeah, not exactly stellar but if anything, it made me want to hear her on a current production. Her voice still sounds very good.

TRAVVV likes this.
  12. It sounds like something Jordin Sparks would release.

13. It's pretty decent, and for comparison, it sounds like a lost track from JoJo's "good to know" to me which is one of my favourite albums this year.

freeheadmess likes this.
  14. I love her, but this song is truly awful.

15. K94

K94

A fair few good ideas but all in one song, and it's a mess - She's trying to go for Dawn Richard-esque vibe but it doesn't fully come together, and the mixing sounds off.

Smooth Criminal and londonrain like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The chorus needs more oomph, but it's a cute little R&B midtempo. I'm here for it.

andru and Island like this.
  17. Island

Island Staff Member

I like it even if the chorus seems a bit tacked on.

18. I'm kind of here for this in all it's 2012 Dawn Richard glory? She should work with Tiffany Red who wrote Cassie's 2019 releases. Similar vibe with a better execution.

londonrain likes this.
  19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

She’s on Instagram live right now. She’s shooting the video tomorrow and was originally going to do an EP before her new album but has decided to skip straight to the album, which is a mix of pop and R&B.

The video is out next weekend.

When asked which Irish acts she’d like to collaborate with, she said Wallis Bird. Damien Dempsey and Sinead O’Connor.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    LPT, Runawaywithme, TRAVVV and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.