Sandra - The Platinum Collection

41oDgxWOW0L.jpg

Her final best-of release probably. After her last album flopped she might now finally retire from releasing music. This is a comprehensive collection including all of her singles in their respective 7"/Radio Versions, some of these for the first time ever on CD and it has a 3rd bonus track including rare 12" Mixes. Release Date: November 6th 2009.
Pre-Order@Amazon.de

TRACKLISTING
Disc 1
01 Maria Magdalena (Single Version)
02 In The Heat Of The Night (Single Version)
03 Little Girl
04 Sisters And Brothers
05 Innocent Love (Single Version)
06 Hi! Hi! Hi! (Single Version)
07 Loreen
08 Midnight Man (Single Version)
09 Everlasting Love
10 Stop For A Minute (Single Version)
11 Heaven Can Wait (Single Version)
12 Secret Land (Single Version)
13 Celebrate Your Life
14 We'll Be Together (Single Remix)
15 Around My Heart (Single Version)
16 Hiroshima (Single Version)
17 (Life May Be) A Big Insanity
18 One More Night (Single Version)
19 Lovelight In Your Eyes
20 Johnny Wanna Live (Single Remix)

Disc 2
01 Don't Be Aggressive (Radio Edit)
02 I Need Love (Radio Edit)
03 Steady Me
04 Mirrored In Your Eyes
05 Maria Magdalena '93
06 Nights In White Satin (Radio Edit)
07 Won't Run Away
08 Secret Land '99 (Ultra Violet Radio Edit)
09 Forever
10 Such A Shame
11 Forgive Me (Radio Edit)
12 I Close My Eyes
13 Secrets Of Love - with DJ Bobo
14 The Way I Am
15 What Is It About Me (Radio Edit)
16 All You Zombies
17 In A Heartbeat
18 The Night Is Still Young - feat. Thomas Anders
19 What If
20 Tête À Tête

Disc 3
01 Maria Magdalena (Extended Version)
02 In The Heat Of The Night (Extended Version)
03 Little Girl (Extended Version)
04 Innocent Love (Extended Version)
05 Hi! Hi! Hi! (Extended Version)
06 Midnight Man (Extended Version)
07 Everlasting Love (Extended Version)
08 Stop For A Minute (Extended Version)
09 Heaven Can Wait (Extended Version)
10 Secret Land (Reverse Mix)
11 Everlasting Love (PWL 12" Remix;Bonus Track)

Oh, that's interesting. I saw a compilation of hers the other day for about £3, and wondered if I should get it. I only know maybe two of her singles.

EG.

Eric Generic said:
Oh, that's interesting. I saw a compilation of hers the other day for about £3, and wondered if I should get it. I only know maybe two of her singles.

She's a bit like the German Kylie Minogue, with a bit of Modern Talking in there as well. Michael Cretu (the guy behind "Enigma") was her husband and producer for 20 years, until they divorced a couple of years ago. Her first four albums are pretty good, then it went downhill.

These are some of her best songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naq1RzZ0yMY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZbk86x-GxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45PCiyVZnWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m12OA-BUvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-ep3RQYpY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6F42mAcqo

CatastropheBoy said:
I quite enjoyed her current album, some good pop/dance moments on there.

That's true. Shame that she's considered an old has-been here. "Say Love" for example would have been huge now, had Agnes kept it for herself.

I was thinking of Sandra earlier as Annie's When The Night reminded me of her.

Maria Magdelena is a TUNE.

I discovered Sandra while living in Japan. She was quite popular there for some reason. She does have some great songs, but got pretty rubbish later on. I hope it's the video/radio version of In the Heat of the Night that's included. The instrumental bit before the last chorus is fantastic.

Ooh Im having that!

Sisters and brothers is amazing and Stop for a minute is moody and dark for Sandra.
Heaven can wait is also excellent (it was released in the UK but ended up getting to number 88 or something disgusting.

Shame it doesnt have You'll be mine on it but you can't have it all I suppose!

I got the box set and it's certainly one of the greatest "Best Of" packages I've ever came across. The songs never sounded better and the third disc is a joy, plus I got 5 additional 12" Mixes when I put it into my CD Rom drive:

Don't Be Aggressive (The Midnight Hour Mix)
Hiroshima (Extended Version)
Nights In White Satin (Club Mix)
Secret Land '99 (Ultra Violet Club Mix)
We'll Be Together (Extended Version)

The first disc is immaculate and the inlay with the short summary of her career very nice. Madonna take note.

Though I have to admit that all of CD 2 is completely execrable. I can't believe how shit her music became from 1992 onwards. Michael Cretu probably pumped all of his creativity into Enigma and there weren't any good songs left for poor Sandra. It didn't help that her voice deteriorated more and more as the years went on. She now sounds like a scary old haggard witch. This is probably the best anti-smoking ad!

Well anything Enigma related post-MCMXC AD has been shite too so it's not like Cretu actually pumped THAT much into it either. I think the biggest mystery surrounding Enigma is how the hell the label remained patient with Cretu so long.

Sandra's "18 Greatest Hits" is like SO. GOOD. though.

Sandra The Platinum Collection

Nice So true

But I totally agree. No b-sides, no really cool edition or anything, no deal.

I guess its for the people who missed out the first time around...? Or... something?

Ray said:
Well anything Enigma related post-MCMXC AD has been shite too so it's not like Cretu actually pumped THAT much into it either. I think the biggest mystery surrounding Enigma is how the hell the label remained patient with Cretu so long.
A lot of sad college-age nerds kept buying it hoping that it would be the soundtrack to their first clumsy attempt at sexual intercourse.

V

vasilios

I have never bought an Enigma album except their Remix album which I adore!

I'd be more interested in having her first 3 albums FINALLY re-mastered all the way through. I'm more of an "album version" kind of person so all these single remixes and what-have-you leave me a bit cold, although saying that I do appreciate extended versions.

Aren't there any plans for album re-masters? Even just Japanese versions? Several album tracks of hers like You And I, Heartbeat, Don't Cry (The Breakup Of The World), Mirror Of Love, La Vista De Luna were MILES better than her actual singles. Which makes me sad.