Santa Clarita Diet | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Santa Clarita Diet

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I can't believe the second series starts nearly 14 months after the first. Piss take!

lushLuck likes this.
  2. I think they weren't sure they were going to renew it so it got put on the back burner a bit.

3. Except it got renewed, March 29, 2017 less than two months after it aired. A year later for a streaming show isn't that far fetched to be honest.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. I guess you're right. My bad.

teddie88 likes this.
  5. Ditto. I'm extremely excited about this second season.

6. This ran out of steam well before the end of the first season.

I'll make a start on the new one, but if it's not delivering in the first couple of episodes I'm out. The lesson from persevering all the way through Kimmy Schmidt's virtually laugh-free third season has been well and truly learnt.

7. Same. The joke got repetitive towards the end. Hopefully, they develop it a bit more.

8. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I binge watched the new series last night and today. Full of laughs, it’s found its rhythm and the main cast are all excellent. Do we know if a third one is confirmed yet? I want more! Wish the episodes were longer.

Vixen, Matty_up, Shinko and 2 others like this.
  9. I'm 7 episodes in and I'm enjoying this season much more than the first. It's definitely found its voice this season and I actually really enjoy the entire ensemble now. I wish we got a bit more of the neighbors as they were a scene-stealing part of Season 1, but the new recurring characters (i.e. Joel McHale & Maggie Lawson) this season more than make up for it. I also appreciate we got some movement on how this all happened.

Vixen, Matty_up, Shinko and 1 other person like this.
  10. Omg I’ve just started this and it’s actually making me laugh.(edit: out loud)

Vixen and lushLuck like this.
  11. Season 2 is so much better. Just finished watching the last episode from this season, apart from all the laughs, it's kinda moving. Hope there will be a third season.

baxterclan, lushLuck and Monkey0 like this.
  12. The seasons seem so short, just as I was getting into it, it’s done.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Oh God. I have thought for the last month that this guy I talk to on Grindr was talking about an actual diet.

14. I enjoyed this season so much that I was shocked when the ending arrived as I wanted more.

VitaminBee and lushLuck like this.
  15. Ok I powered through with this and I’ve done a 180. It does get better and Drew is insanely watchable.

baxterclan and lushLuck like this.
  16. I didn’t really love the first season and only started the second season because I had nothing else to watch... I’m surprised that it’s gotten so much better and has finally found its feet. I really hope we get a renewed as I was so bummed to realize I watched the season finale without knowing it was the finale.

17. Just finished watching the 2nd season, and it was just as great as the first.

I hope it gets renewed again.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. I can't imagine the show is super expensive other than Drew and Timothy, and they're both executive producers meaning they have other stakes in the show getting renewed. I'm pretty confident!

lushLuck and matthew. like this.
  19. I really enjoyed Season 2, hoping they do another.

lushLuck and matthew. like this.
  20. Season 2 was so much better than Season 1and I adored Season 1. The core 4 are such a strong cast together and I love whenever The Waitress drops in.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.