Sara Bareilles - Amidst the Chaos (New Album) and General Discussion | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Sara Bareilles - Amidst the Chaos (New Album) and General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ZsDbk88, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Sara's Breathe Again was used on the Grey's Anatomy season finale. I think her version would have fitted better but this cover is nice:

londonrain and WarmBlood11 like this.

2. JLo loves Gravity, she called it one of her Top Ten favorite songs of all time.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. Waitress is closing:

4. One of the best Broadway musicals in the last decade. Sara really knocked it out of the park with the songs.

5. Just popping in to say Saint Honesty is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to over and over and over.

ZsDbk88 likes this.
  6. Sad about Waitress closing but it has had one hell of an amazing run. Will definitely be there for the last show to ugly cry with the cast and I just know Sara will most likely be there too.

7. I wasn't expecting this:

Petit nain des Îles and Jam like this.
  8. It says unavailable in the UK, I'm guessing that's just temporary. I'm more than up for this, mainly because Amidst The Chaos has left me cold. Miss Simone is probably the song I go back to most but I've struggled to connect with this album more than anything else she's released, I'm a bit gutted really.

Graeme_Guthrie likes this.
  9. The album actually grew on me with each new listen. Its definitely different sound for her.

10. I was hoping for a better album actually. Kinda bummed.

11. Yeah it is, it's the part of her sound she's dabbled with before and I've always been less interested in. I don't think any of the songs are bad but it's not "enjoyable" to listen to. It's very bleak. When the piano intro to Poetry By Dead Men starts it feels so jarring as it's the only upbeat thing on the entire album, it unsettles me.

I imagine this is an album she felt she had to make and her next one might be a bit more uplifting. This'll probably be quite a heavy album to tour and perform every night.

12. Wicked Love is even more upbeat though but also Fire, If I Can't Have You and Eyes On You are midtempo. I doubt she felt she needs to make this album though, she never seems like a person who will do something to appeal to someone.

This definitely isn't my favorite album but I still feel she delivered quality.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.