Sarah Whatmore

Don’t suppose anyone has managed to get Living Proof in WAV form since last time I asked?
I saw your tweet and I can't believe how many times people told you about the MP3 FILES when you were asking for LOSSLESS files. Cheers to you, I really hope you can find the album and make it available on streaming.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I just checked my library, and I have the whole of the Living Proof album in an m4a format. I have no recollection of how I acquired it (I remember chatting to Sarah and her sending me some files, but it's possible I found some other ones elsewhere after), but I do know I'd *never* convert an mp3 file to aac, so it must've come in flac or wav before I uploaded it to my icloud music library. Examining songs with Spek, there's no cut-off and it all seems really HQ, let me know if you need me to send you those files.

Edit: Other than Are You Ready for Love?, that one's definitely an upscaled LQ file, but that's because it's been iTunes Matched for some reason.

Last edited:

Island

Staff member
I don't know if this is helpful, but I just checked my library, and I have the whole of the Living Proof album in an m4a format. I have no recollection of how I acquired it (I remember chatting to Sarah and her sending me some files, but it's possible I found some other ones elsewhere after), but I do know I'd *never* convert an mp3 file to aac, so it must've come in flac or wav before I uploaded it to my icloud music library. Examining songs with Spek, there's no cut-off and it all seems really HQ, let me know if you need me to send you those files.

Edit: Other than Are You Ready for Love?, that one's definitely an upscaled LQ file, but that's because it's been iTunes Matched for some reason.
Are You Ready for Love is on streaming as a B-Side to the When I Lost You single.

Where are the mp3 files or just a case of YouTube listen? What’s was the tracklisting
1. When I Lost You
2. Automatic
3. Close to Me
4. Don’t Let Me Go
5. Slide
6. Living Proof
7. Real Man (feat. Abs)
8. Do It
9. Ready for Love
10. Out in the Cold
11. Not Sorry
12. Let the Heat Go
13. Let You Go

Are You Ready for Love is on streaming as a B-Side to the When I Lost You single.

1. When I Lost You
2. Automatic
3. Close to Me
4. Don’t Let Me Go
5. Slide
6. Living Proof
7. Real Man (feat. Abs)
8. Do It
9. Ready for Love
10. Out in the Cold
11. Not Sorry
12. Let the Heat Go
13. Let You Go
Plus there was the random recording of ‘Come My Way’ which either would have been a bonus track, a b-side, part of a rerelease (if it made it that far) or just a general track that was recorded but then discarded.

Island

Staff member
Plus there was the random recording of ‘Come My Way’ which either would have been a bonus track, a b-side, part of a rerelease (if it made it that far) or just a general track that was recorded but then discarded.
Sophie Monk ended up getting the track so I’m assuming it would’ve been discarded.

Honestly, the best songs of Sarah and Sophie’s albums would’ve made a pretty killer pop album.

Don’t Let Me Go was my favourite of the unreleased tracks. And I always find myself going back to Real Man, strangely.
I only heard ‘Real Man’ last night and it really is a great little track. Love the back and forth with Abz, although I wish it was a little more uptempo like his track with Nodesha. I’m guessing also the collaboration came about due to being label mates (?).

Island

Staff member
They really shouldn’t have shelved the album. She really did have a lot of potential as a popstar. I could’ve seen her nabbing a surprise hit in 2005/2006 and chasing that Goldfrapp-lite sound.

Her version of Treat Me Like A Lady should be chucked on the album when it’s eventually released.

Random but did Sarah co-write When I Lost You and Automatic? Wikipedia says not to my surprise.

Because she co-wrote Treat Me Like a Lady for Zoë which was mentioned a lot at the time, I seemed to think Sarah was like the new Miranda Cooper writing bops left and right.