Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #12 | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #12

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    35.8%
  5. Cape God

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. [​IMG]

This next result tells of a beautiful alliance…

[​IMG]

That’s So Us (Unsolved)

Average: 8.454

Total Points: 321.250

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 10

Highest Scores: 11 x2 @daninternational, @DJHazey, 10 x14 @SophiaSophia, @Phonetics Girl, @BubblegumBoy, @M24, @RUNAWAY, @Hurricane Drunk, @Untouchable Ace, @aux, @Andy French, @Conan, @ohnostalgia, @Pinky25, @Trinu 3.0 & @savilizabeths, 9.5 @Holly Something, 9.25 @DinahLee

Lowest Scores: 6 x2 @soratami, @boombazookajoe, 4.5 @Sail On, 2 @collxtion, 0 @slaybellz

It’s time for Allie’s least favourite song to exit the unsolved version that is. Alongside Casanova and Old Habits Die Hard, That’s So Us made it on to Collxtion II. Allie shared on social media that she ‘wanted to try something different and sing about the joyful xperiences of having people that I can relate to and be myself around’. She also stated it’s her most bubblegum song ever.
    I’m going to save the bulk of my thoughts for the other version but in retrospect I should have made it a choice between which version. But I felt the differences between the two mixes was obvious at the time. Personally for me this version the mix feels slightly off and rather flat, the vocals aren’t as refined it’s just missing the magic fairy dust that the Collxtion II version has. It doesn’t take away the fact it’s a fucking amazing piece of pop music it’s just rather jarring to me as I’m so used to the other version. The only other little issue I have with this song is the politics lyric it’s rather ignorant.​

daninternational (11):

“Capturing the euphoria of love that CRJ is so good at, with the specific references that tread a line between infatuation and overanalysing. It's the little touches that deliver a perfect pop song for me.. 'you make me not want to die' and the light use of swearing makes it feel more 'real. Also pop music that talks about star signs is always a yes.” I agree it’s more real compared to the more dreamy romance of Miss Rae Jepsen.

DJHazey (11):

“The modern ‘sad/depressed/anxiety-ridden indie-couple’ redux of the drama-romance film set to a pop song. If you’re not feeling anything when listening to this, then you’re heartless, and there’s no other way to slice it. For this generation, it’s the potential “our song” of the relationship, soundtrack to the proposal, first dance at the wedding, and background music for the nostalgic-infused candlelight dinner at the 10th anniversary.” This would be my ‘drive into the sunset with my future significant other and frolic on the beach whilst wearing black and feeling chic song or fun times with my bestie song.

RUNAWAY (10):

“so SO AMAZING compared to the album version. It just works so well here, and the minor fixes she made for the album version kind of ruin it for me.” I feel the same about the other version instead.

Holly Something (9.5):

“So used to the album version so the (albeit slight) differences really stick out to me.”

Cutlery (9):

“Somewhat the crispier version, and it's a little better in that respect. I'm not sure why I was unfazed by it at first? It's a synth-packed anthem about your bestie in the most endearing way and as specific as it gets to the kind of relationship Allie has while not being alienating to all the best friends out there. I know in my case it applies, perhaps to a shockingly accurate degree in the case of «being a wreck together since 2009» and experiences that she describes. Now I can appreciate it for what it is. My minor gripe would be the politics line I think? But really I read last year about how the chanteuse really started getting her hands on things, so I feel less afflicted by that lyric. Maybe even take it with a pinch of self-awareness/irony. Great song.” That politics line was so unnecessary.

imaduck (7.5):

“it's the same”

[​IMG]

Gemini (7):

“I feel about this the same way I feel about the album version, honestly. As it's pretty same-y. Why change much if it's fine the way it is though.” On the contrary those changes were needed.

collxtion (2):

“God I hate this song. Nearly identical to the album version but with fewer backing vocals, so -0.5.” Plays Leave (Get Out).mp3

2. I swear to god the only difference I could hear was some reverb? I think I enjoy the Unsolved version better though.

BubblegumBoy and Phonetics Girl like this.
  3. I didn't notice the differences but yeah bye

BubblegumBoy and slaybellz like this.
  4. Another one in the casket! I just keep winning this week. @slaybellz hey bestie!

slaybellz likes this.
  5. Wait till you see my score for the other version before you say this bestie.

I'm sorry but this score was my little protest at the fact that we had to rate both versions separately, because I listened to both of them back to back several times and honestly could not hear a single difference. But everyone always says the album version is so much worse and I just do not get it.

I actually love the song and my score for the album version reflects that. I did feel like maybe this was a little harsh after I sent in my ballot but oh well!

6. Damn! Tough crowd, huh? (just read @slaybellz's explanation though) I'd guess these alone make it one of the most controversial songs in the rate?

Also if it's alternate version time, surely Old Habits (album version) is going soon?

7. [​IMG]
    That's So Us did get me through some tough times, like replaying it for an hour to distract myself from scholarship application queue anxiety. I'm not saying you have to be a soulless monster to hate it but I'm also not saying you don't.

8. This is an outrage and why I was so worried about this 'score each version separately' tactic as it clearly had ramifications on the results. I gave the other one a 10/10 but the single version is definitely the one I fell for upon release. (I guess I should have just done a 11/10 and 0/10 myself) There is a slight difference, yes, but I always advocate for 'choose your favorite version' in a rate because the slight differences aren't enough to sacrifice a song's chances by splitting up the better scores and when you have 0's and 10's being given to each one, it really hurts.

I would be interested to know what the song's average would be if you took each voter's higher score only.

9. Looks like I've found a keeper @DJHazey !

soratami and DJHazey like this.
  10. The “I’m a Leo, you’re a Cancer” lyric is so fucking cringe and irritating.

soratami and collxtion like this.
  11. The whole song is

Verandi, collxtion and boombazookajoe like this.
  12. That's how I plan to do it in future discography rates.

DJHazey likes this.
  13. Just to let everyone know I’ve been resting these past few days after having my second Pfizer vaccine. Thankfully I’m experiencing the side effects much quicker this time so tomorrow I will post the recap and the next result.

14. Number 20 coming tonight in the meantime here’s a recap…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the remaining songs?

~CollXtion I~
    Hello
    Catch
    Prime
    Sanctuary
    Never Enough

~CollXtion Unsolved~
    Old Habits Die Hard

~CollXtion II~
    Casanova (Solo/Duet)
    Old Habits Die Hard
    That's So Us
    Downtown (2017/2020)

~Super Sunset (Original/Analog)~
    Little Things
    Science
    Girl of the Year
    Focus

~Cape God~
    Fresh Laundry
    Regulars
    Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    Susie Save Your Love
    Learning In Public

Which songs are leaving next?

15. I guess the other That's So Us, since one has gone already, @DJHazey and I can't have scored it as highly and the song itself has a lot of tasteless detractors!

Phonetics Girl, RUNAWAY and DJHazey like this.
  16. Not this making me realize Unsolved was absolutely gut punched in the last few elims! I hope Old Habits carries its torch a little while longer

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  17. My least fave out of all the songs left is Learning In Public. But I know a lot of people here love that song so I don't think it'll be next.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. Did we rate the two Old Habits together or separately? I’m surprised the album version would still be here on its own, but if they’re grouped together I HOPE the song’ll hold on for a while longer (top 10 ideally).

Untouchable Ace and Cutlery like this.
  19. Stuff that shouldn't touch the Top 10:

Old Habits Die Hard (CollXtion II) just because I prefer a varied top 10
    That's So Us

Science
    Focus

Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    Susie Save Your Love

20. These songs can go now:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.