Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #13 | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #13

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    35.8%
  5. Cape God

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. This is ridiculous. Some of y'all have never met Simon and it shows.

2. Well I have met Felony Martinez (or at least been in the same room with her as she performed, before she exposed her true self) and it does show, though my score was probably too forgiving considering the comparison that my mind made.

Cutlery likes this.
  3. The childish rapist doesn't own that sound ffs. Simon Says has far too much DNA in common with the darker CollXtion I tracks for me to associate it with another artist anyway.

4. A hit!

5. Whilst I’m currently finishing the write ups for the next few results in the meantime here are some album stats.
    To give a subtle hint regarding the next result another song gets done real dirty more than #43 did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Last fucking Xmas clinging on for dear life to eventually hit the top 50, I-

7. [​IMG]

Today the host is not happy with this result...

[​IMG]
    Super Duper Party People

Average: 7.584

Total Points: 288.200

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 10

Highest Scores: 10 x4 @SophiaSophia, @imaduck, @Pinky25 & @collxtion, 9.5 @ohnostalgia, 9.25 @Glitterizer, 9 x3 @RUNAWAY, @slaybellz, & @Conan

Lowest Scores: 5 x4 @Phonetics Girl, @soratami, @boombazookajoe & @savilizabeths 4 @Sail On, 2 @Hurricane Drunk

In a typical PJ Forum hates fun like fashion this undeniable bop is leaving cruelly at #42. I honestly wasn’t expecting to lose my first 10 before the top 40 but here we are. But seriously this actually deserved a place in the top 40 so I’m a bit salty it just missed getting there.

The story behind Super Duper goes in 2016 her long term collaborator Jungle George suggests she must write a song called ‘Super Duper Party People’ to which she agreed. Fast forward to 2017 at a writing camp in Denmark she hears this beat by Oliver Goldstein and declares it to be Super Duper. In her own words she made a ‘shitty demo in Ableton’ to which she couldn’t play back to her team cause it was ‘so shitty’. Allie was trying to finish it but it didn’t fit with Collxtion II or Super Sunset. In 2019 whilst finishing Cape God she felt it needed a bop so she sent her ‘shitty demo’ to Oliver Goldstein and the rest they say is history.

It’s position in the album tracklist makes sense to the overall story of Cape God. Super Duper sets up the party section basically it’s the antithesis of Life of Party and I feel the album would be incomplete without it. On a more personal note it’s incredibly catchy and fun and currently it’s what I need to ease my mind off all the heaviness due to the pandemic. I’m extremely positive it would go down well at a party or in the club in the meantime it stays being a solitary bedroom disco bop.

imaduck (10):

“This is what I wanted from this album, just this song but 12 times.” That’s a little unfair to the other 10s on Cape God that deserve to be there.

collxtion (10):

“Who else is doing it like her? WHO?????”

[​IMG]

Untouchable Ace (8.2):

“Unexpected production, but the spoken verses are a little too 'reading a children's book'.” Honestly the way she talk sings ‘Rockabilly Kiss’ is totally worth it.

daninternational (8):

“I like it when she goes all out, but the song doesn't deliver what the title promised for me” It most certainly delivered for me.

Gemini (8):

“This song FEELS like the sister to "All The Rage", she definitely paints a picture in your mind with this one too, huh? The phrase "Super Duper" makes me cringe though, although that has nothing to do with Allie.” I can’t imagine this song being called anything else it does what it says it’s Super Duper.

Dijah. (7.5):

“I love and hate this at the same time??? ddddd” This is a bonafide bop what is there actually to hate?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    M24, Sail On, soratami and 15 others like this.
  8. Well let me celebrate that my preferred Party song lives on another day!

9. This (elimination) is rotten.

imaduck, Cotton Park, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  10. .............how?

Not only wrong but also incorrect.

Cotton Park and slaybellz like this.
  11. Things have been going so far so good with the elimination orders for CollXtion II and Cape God to me I can't help but think that something really messy is upon the horizon...

12. THANK GOD. My least favorite album track on any Allie album. BYE.

13. WHAT THE FUCK.... Are ya'll okay? Like we're not even done eliminating the extras yet what is this shit??

14. I love Super Duper Party people and I agree it is the total opposite of life of the party.

slaybellz and Cotton Park like this.
  15. Wait I'm actually a bit shocked at Super Duper Party People flopping like this? Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about it dddd but I thought the poppers' girls would stan it.

16. I'm fine with this elimination, the chorus is a letdown for me to be honest but I enjoy the rest of the song. Still, it never touches my favorites on the album. However, Life of the Party should've gone first.

17. CAPE GOD flopping outside top40 I'm fucking screaming. Never in 2839389 years I'd expect this out of the top30 at least DDD

Allie Hughes is winning!

18. Rolling Days' impact!

Cotton Park and DinahLee like this.
  19. Absolutely not!

Cutlery likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

Is the fuckery continuing today...

[​IMG]

Headmaster

Average: 7.600

Total Points: 38.000

Total Number of Voters: 5

Highest Scores: 10 @DinahLee

Lowest Scores: 6 @Ana Raquel

Allie Hughes the EP isn’t winning today as it finally loses its second song in the rate and just misses getting into the top 40. The production is a lot more palatable compared to her other earlier offerings and the lyricism poses many questions in terms of the story behind this song. But overall it’s very middle of the road and doesn’t excite me that much.

Cutlery (7.5):

“The 8-bit production is a surprising fit for the drums, and the layers of vocals work nicely along with the lead one. And I Celebrate that the excessive melodrama is kept at bay here. I do wonder if she's poking fun at the men in positions of authority in her life or if she's just a kinky gal. Who knows?”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.