Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #18 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #18

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. [​IMG]

Most of the graphics for the entirety of this rate have been created by @Cutlery so direct your praise in their direction. The Graphics for stats at the end and recaps are done by me on a iPad so don’t expect my usual level of amazingness. Any graphic not created by Cutlery or myself has been obtained from the internet.

Welcome to the Allie X Discography Rate in which we will be accordingly rating the following works of Canadian Singer-Songwriter and Visual Artist extraordinaire and purveyor of spinning Alexandra Ashley Hughes otherwise professionally known as Allie X. For those of you taking part who have no idea who she is I will now give a very brief history into her career. She had humble beginnings as a indie artist in Toronto in the mid 2000s. Then she moved to LA began working with producers Cirkut and Billboard and adopted her new moniker of Allie X and released Catch in 2014 and the rest they say is history.

The Rules

1. Send your scores from 0-10 to yours truly (SophiaSophia) in a PM, you are allowed one 11 for the entirety of the rate so use it wisely. Decimal points of .25, .5 and .75 are allowed too. The Allie X songs are mandatory for every participant and you have the option to rate the Allie Hughes songs and Last Xmas. If you only decide to only rate Allie X you have a total of 46 songs to rate and if you do decide to do the optional songs too the total number of songs is 70.

2. When it comes to Super Sunset and Super Sunset Analog please state whether your score is for either the original or analog version. The same applies to Casanova please state whether your score is for the solo or Feat. VÉRITÉ version. You also have a choice between the 2017 Downtown and 2020 Downtown so please state that in your score. If you fail to mention this I will be asking for confirmation via PM.

3. Commentary is highly encouraged but not mandatory so don’t stress yourself over trying to write a thesis on the amazingness of Allie X’s work.

4. There is zero tolerance policy of no trolling, if I suspect you have sent me troll votes I will give you the opportunity to justify your scores via PM. If I’m not convinced I will ask you to rescore accordingly and if you don’t cooperate your votes will then be null and void.

5. For any remaining participants who haven’t sent me their scores I have decided to extend the deadline to January 29th 11pm GMT.

Any issues regarding the links then please let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CollXtion I

Hello
    Catch
    Prime
    Tumor
    Bitch
    Good
    Sanctuary
    Never Enough

[​IMG]

CollXtion II

Paper Love
    Vintage
    Need You
    Casanova / (Feat VÉRITÉ) (please state in your scores whether your score is for the solo or the VÉRITÉ version)
    Lifted
    Simon Says
    Old Habits Die Hard
    That’s So Us
    Downtown 2017 / Downtown 2020 (please state if your score is for the 2017 or the 2020 version)
    True Love Is Violent

[​IMG]

CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

Too Much To Dream
    Purge
    All The Rage
    Casanova Demo
    That’s So Us
    Misbelieving
    Alexandra
    Old Habits Die Hard

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Super Sunset / Super Sunset Analog

(It’s a choice between original or analog versions so please state which version you are rating in your scores)

Not So Bad In LA / Analog
    Little Things / Analog
    Science / Analog
    Girl of the Year / Analog
    Can’t Stop Now / Super Sunset Digital Concert
    Focus / Analog

[​IMG]

Cape God

Fresh Laundry
    Devil I Know
    Regulars
    Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    June Gloom
    Love Me Wrong (Feat. Troye Sivan)
    Super Duper Party People
    Susie Save Your Love (Feat. Mitski)
    Life of the Party
    Madame X
    Learning In Public

[​IMG]

Sierra Burgess Is A Loser

Kid Wonder
    Sunflower

Optional Songs

[​IMG]

Waiting For The Prize

That’s Just Me
    Gorilla Sounds (2.26)
    Bad Luck
    Irish Colcannon (2.31)
    What Have I Done
    Oyster Song
    Perfect Day
    Brand New
    Fall
    Something Isn’t Right (3.03)

[​IMG]

Allie Hughes

Stars
    Rolling Days
    Headmaster
    Damaged Nail

[​IMG]

Ladies and Gentlemen

Elevator
    Black Cloud
    How Bout Cha Go Away
    Walking Sideways
    Irish Colcannon (2.57)
    Gorilla Sounds (2.29)
    My Leo
    Cabaret Song
    Something Isn’t Right (2.02)

Last Xmas

Spotify Playlist

Hello
    Catch
    Prime
    Tumor
    Bitch
    Good
    Sanctuary
    Never Enough

Paper Love
    Vintage
    Need You
    Casanova
    Lifted
    Simon Says
    Old Habits Die Hard
    That’s So Us
    Downtown
    True Love Is Violent

Too Much To Dream
    Purge
    All The Rage
    Casanova Demo
    That’s So Us
    Misbelieving
    Alexandra
    Old Habits Die Hard

Not So Bad In LA
    Little Things
    Science
    Girl of the Year
    Can’t Stop Now
    Focus

Fresh Laundry
    Devil I Know
    Regulars
    Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    June Gloom
    Love Me Wrong
    Super Duper Party People
    Susie Save Your Love
    Life of the Party
    Madame X
    Learning In Public

Kid Wonder
    Sunflower

That’s Just Me
    Gorilla Sounds (2.26)
    Bad Luck
    Irish Colcannon (2.31)
    What Have I Done
    Oyster Song
    Perfect Day
    Brand New
    Fall
    Something Isn’t Right (3.03)

Stars
    Rolling Days
    Headmaster
    Damaged Nail

Elevator
    Black Cloud
    How Bout Cha Go Away
    Walking Sideways
    Irish Colcannon (2.57)
    Gorilla Sounds (2.29)
    My Leo
    Cabaret Song
    Something Isn’t Right (2.02)

Last Xmas

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. Will definitely do this! My 11 is very very obvious.

And love the graphics! Very nice @Cutlery. The top one and the one in the Charts & Rate Queue don't show up sometimes though. Imgur urls often don't work properly on this forum so just a heads up.

3. I’m having issues with imgbb too so if anyone knows any other free image hosting sites that work then please let me know.

Untouchable Ace and slaybellz like this.
  4. I haven't heard most of the outtakes and leaked songs people often rave about so consider me perched for this!

5. I used postimages for my rate and never had any issues!

6. I'm so stuck between two songs for my 11 but I definitely want to use this to get more into her pre-Cape God work!

7. I forgot to mention that the songs where you have a choice the scores will not be added to the average of the originals but I will state how many votes those songs got as well as the originals. For the optional songs they will be revealed during the results like usual and I will also state the number of voters for those songs too.

I mentioned this a few weeks back in the rate thread but I think I explained myself terribly but during the voting period I want to spend some time to highlight each album in the rate. So I’m looking for volunteers to do a write up for each album I already said I can write about Cape God. So I’m looking for volunteers to write about ColliXtion 1 + 2, Unsolved, Super Sunset and Cape God and the Allie Hughes albums too. It doesn’t need to be a very extensive write up just a bit of backstory to the album and what the album overall means to you personally.

Also is there any interest in having a watch2gether session?

8. I’ve been waiting for this one!

9. You can count on my vote. I just need to finish M2M and then do Winners Rate IV.

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  10. I'm a CollXtion I stan first, and human second, though, so be warned!
    That said, Girl of the Year is carrying me through these times of final project deadlines right now.

11. YES. I am fucking here for this one.

12. Island

Island Staff Member

Ooh I'm perched for this. I haven't participated in a rate in a hot minute but @SophiaSophia's rates are always iconic so I may consider!

13. Posting to express interest and get notifications from this thread so I remember to move my ass and get my votes in.

Everybody remember to stan Good.

14. [​IMG]

I was born ready... @Andy French get in here heaux!

15. I think I'm gonna do this, I've been quite a big fan of her work, but it all tarnished a little with Cape God release, so I will be happy to go back and run through her discography again.

I don't know if I have enough patience to run through the Allie Hughes era though.

16. This is going to be fun.
    Get ready 2021.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.