Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #19 | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #19

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. It’s recap time again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the remaining songs?

~CollXtion I~
    Hello
    Catch
    Prime
    Tumor
    Bitch
    Good
    Sanctuary
    Never Enough

~CollXtion Unsolved~
    Too Much To Dream
    All The Rage
    Casanova (Piano Demo)
    That's So Us
    Old Habits Die Hard

~CollXtion II~
    Paper Love
    Vintage
    Need You
    Casanova (Solo/Duet)
    Lifted
    Old Habits Die Hard
    That's So Us
    Downtown (2017/2020)

~Super Sunset (Original/Analog)~
    Not So Bad In LA
    Little Things
    Science
    Girl of the Year
    Can't Stop Now
    Focus

~Cape God~
    Fresh Laundry
    Devil I Know
    Regulars
    Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    June Gloom
    Susie Save Your Love
    Life of the Party
    Madame X
    Learning In Public

~Allie Hughes~
    Rolling Days
    Damaged Nail

~Ladies and Gentlemen~
    Elevator

Which songs deserve to go next?

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    M24, Sail On, soratami and 13 others like this.
  2. The remaining Allie Hughes songs and whatever the hell "Elevator" is can go next.

soratami, Dijah., Cotton Park and 2 others like this.
  3. Collxtion I and Super Sunset remain unbothered! Taste.

All Hughes tracks are overdue, and neither That’s So Us version needs to be stinking up the top 30.

4. All of Allie Hughes needs to go! Unsolved needs to lose a couple more as well.

soratami, Dijah., Cotton Park and 2 others like this.
  5. Casanova Demo and Not So Bad in LA... the clock is ticking, girls. Also expecting Madame X soonish? Not that I'd necessarily agree with that last one

Cotton Park and Untouchable Ace like this.
  6. Umm... Not So Bad In LA and That's So Us are stone cold classics? Paper Love can do one!

M24, BubblegumBoy, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  7. Let's mass cull these sacrificial lambs so we can get to the real slaughter.

collxtion likes this.
  8. Noo I love All The Rage.
    It plays at my job, randomly.

9. All the Rage is what happens when Allie Hughes EP is left unsupervised. I don't hate it though!

10. The opinions I'm being exposed to in this thread... my skin is ITCHING.

Y'all don't get this brave in her actual thread, at least not that I remember!

11. Wait until my commentary on Bitch!

slaybellz likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

Let’s kick off the top 40...

Only 2 of you called this result exactly right...

[​IMG]

Casanova Demo

Average: 7.670

Total Points: 291.450

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 8

Highest Scores: 10 x5 @fatyoshi, @RUNAWAY, @Petty Mayonnaise, @Andy French & @Pinky25, 9.5 x2 @daninternational, @aux 9.25 @Glitterizer, 9 x5 @Phonetics Girl, @sfmartin, @imaduck, @ohnostalgia & @Trinu 3.0

Lowest Scores: 5 x3 @slaybellz, @finito & @Verandi, 3 @Ana Raquel, 2 @Hurricane Drunk

@Cutlery and @boombazookajoe called this result we’ll just have wait and see about their other predictions. This demo just highlights perfectly how amazing her craft is and how brilliantly written Casanova is. One of the standouts from Unsolved to make Collxtion II and I’m so glad it did otherwise it would have been a real shame to not ever have the bop version too. Naturally I will gravitate to it in full on bop form but hearing it with only the piano gives this song a completely different feeling. I think the lyricism has more agency than its bop counterpart. Also Miss Allie is serving some serious vocals and honestly I’m living for every bit of it.

RUNAWAY (10):

“this version bowled me over the first time I heard it, and I was praying she would finish this song. This version still stuns me every time I listen.” To quote Mariah that was a classic.

Pinky25 (10):

“Personally I really love the demo piano version.” This demo is brilliant but my heart belongs to bopanova more.

daninternational (9.5):

“Didn't expect this to work quite so well as a piano track” Honestly I think all of her bops could work as piano only songs and that’s purely down to her talent.

imaduck (9):

“VOCALS”

[​IMG]

collxtion (8.5):

“Get. This woman. A Grammy.” I wholeheartedly concur.

Gemini (7):

“Her vocals really are a stand out in this even though it's just a one take quick demo. You can see the framework for the final product here. It's one of her best songs, I will gladly accept it in any form she gives it to us (Except that damn duet.)” She is serving vocals for days but in the best way possible.

Cutlery (6):

“Bless this one for being reworked and pretty much overhauled. I don’t like it in this form.”

[​IMG]

13. I mean... Dang. Even for a demo I think this should've outstayed some of the others still remaining but okay. I'm hoping main version Casanova doesn't get axed early too.

Cotton Park and Untouchable Ace like this.
  14. Some of the stripped tracks were very rough to be honest. There's a dramatic difference between my score for this and the final version, which should not go anywhere for a while.

Verandi likes this.
  15. Whoever tanked Super Duper Party People makes me sick.

off to join join westboro baptist church.

16. [​IMG]

This next result might come up as a possible high for some...

Or maybe you might want to forget...

[​IMG]

Elevator

Average: 7.700

Total Points: 38.500

Total Number of Voters: 5

Highest Scores: 10 @RUNAWAY, 9 @DinahLee

Lowest Scores: 6.5 @BubblegumBoy, 6 @Ana Raquel

Thankfully the summery reggae bop Lifted is still safe for now but instead it’s a song with a title with what I would refer to as a lift. But honestly I’m not sure that Elevator is the 3rd best Allie Hughes song in the rate nor do I think it’s deserving of getting this far overall. It went absolutely nowhere for me which also basically sums up my entire thoughts on the Ladies and Gentlemen album. The revised version that she performed live that was due to be on her unreleased album The Hard Way is hardly an improvement either. This result does mean that the final two remaining pre X songs are from the Allie Hughes EP.

RUNAWAY (10):

“this is her best early song for me. It’s so fucking beautiful, and I’ve been obsessed with it for many years now. I fall in love with it even more every time I listen.”

Cutlery (7):

“It starts out calmly and peacefully giving a nice feeling, but becomes a little uneventful because not much really happens.”

17. Shook. Not me falling for this suspense again thinking it was Life of the Party or Lifted

Goodbye to Ladies and Gagamen, her worst project

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. Here are Ladies and Gentlemen’s stats...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More rate fuckery in the next result so any guesses for which song is callously exiting the rate tomorrow?

19. The way @Ana Raquel said NO to the theatrics/ballads double punch

Untouchable Ace and Glitterizer like this.
  20. [​IMG]

This next result has me in a spiral...

[​IMG]

Madame X

Average: 7.729

Total Points: 293.700

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 10

Highest Scores: 10 x6 @SophiaSophia, @Phonetics Girl, @RUNAWAY, @Dijah. @Andy French & @ohnostalgia, 9.75 @DJHazey, 9.5 @aux, 9 x2 @BubblegumBoy, @SlowGinFizzzz

Lowest Scores: 5 x3 @Ana Raquel, @Verandi & @Holly Something, 4 @daninternational, 3 @Hurricane Drunk

Thankfully it’s not June Gloom’s turn today but another song from Cape God. But the complete lack of taste showing here with this beauty of a song leaving now. Madame X perfectly encapsulates the story and world building of Cape God. It’s the only song on the album that directly addresses addiction and refers back to the Cape Cod documentary. Allie describes Madame X as a “love song to your drug of choice”. For me this is my favourite Allie X ballad as it’s so stunning the composition aligns with her vocals harmoniously. The lyricism brilliantly executes the emotional toll of addiction and the extent of substance dependency. It’s so integral to this album that without it the overall message would be lost. Personally this is more than just a song, it's a aural experience, a deep dive into the very essence of Cape God.

DJHazey (9.75):

“What Madonna album? *DevilEmoji*” What we're not gonna do is be shady to the Queen of Pop in my rate.

collxtion (8):

“One of her strongest ballads. Amazing imagery, amazing vocal performance.” Nothing but facts being stated here.

Gemini (7):

“This is a rather pretty ballad both in production, vocals and lyrics. The album as a whole was inspired by Heroin Cape Cod documentary she watched and this song is obviously about being wrapped up in drugs. It's not a song I return to often but it definitely further creates this Cape God world she's building with these songs.” For me it’s a no skip I can’t imagine my Cape God experience without this song.

imaduck (5.5):

“buy rebel heart on itunes” Stream Cape God on Spotify once, Stream Cape God on Spotify twice.

daninternational (4):

“All vibe, no song” You really tried with this factually incorrect statement.

M24, Sail On, soratami and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.