Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #19 | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #19

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Cape God needs a nice trim tbh. Ideal next eliminations:

Good

That's So Us

Science
    Focus

Sarah Come Home
    Rings A Bell
    June Gloom
    Susie Save Your Love
    Learning In Public

2. Y'know what they say about dreamers and dreaming a lot in your sleep?

3. Too Much To Dream and That’s So Us NOW.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  4. Why must you hurt me so

5. Some of y'all have some real... interesting tastes.
    But then again, I hate Bitch and wish it would've left like 10 eliminations ago, so we all have our choices I suppose.

slaybellz and Untouchable Ace like this.
  6. ??????

Dijah., Gemini, BubblegumBoy and 2 others like this.
  7. Hmm, since everyone else is airing their fresh dirty laundry, let's get rid of these:

Good
    Never Enough

Devil I Know
    Life of the Party

8. That's So Us still being here... Make it make sense.

collxtion and Untouchable Ace like this.
  9. I can't believe I live on a planet where multiple people are asking for That's So Us to leave before the Top 2.

10. I'm on team Hazey, which feels strange ddd

DJHazey and Untouchable Ace like this.
  11. These can exit next:

12. When is #30 coming it's been 16 days since Tumor was eliminated...

collxtion and Glitterizer like this.
  13. Next result is coming tonight the heatwave in my country last week slowed my progress a little.

14. [​IMG]

It’s back to business in terms of this rate...

[​IMG]

I don’t think this result is going where @Verandi wanted...

[​IMG]

Devil I Know

Average: 8.087

Total Points: 307.300

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 8

Highest Scores: 10 x3 @BubblegumBoy, @RUNAWAY, @savilizabeths, 9.5 x3 @Phonetics Girl, @Dijah., @Verandi, 9 x6 @daninternational, @Gemini, @SlowGinFizzzz, @Remorque, @ohnostalgia & @Pinky25

Lowest Scores: 6 x2 @fatyoshi, @Ana Raquel, 5 @DinahLee, 3 @Hurricane Drunk

Devil I Know makes it into the top 30 only just by a tiny margin. Originally it wasn’t intended to be for Cape God, instead it was meant to be a pitch song it was conceptualised during what Allie describes as ‘one of the most difficult writing sessions’. There had been some interest from Rihanna and others but not much happened. Allie had basically forgotten about it in hoping someone would pick it up. But it eventually grew on Allie over the years and eventually included it on Cape God. With 10 songs already written Allie felt the album was lacking flavour wise and Devil I Know filled that void. Before being completely redone to fit Cape God the song originally had a more generalised message regarding addiction. In the context of Cape God it’s about battling your inner demons and she says ‘it’s the most straightforward song on the record’. Honestly it’s a shame this has left now I think it’s message is very important to album and I love the overall mood it sets. I love the contrast between the quiet verses and dramatic chorus.

daninternational (9):

“It's a good song, but also feels like an advert soundtrack too.” To be fair I could hear this on any Young Adult orientated TV show.

Gemini (9):

“"I could pretend that i'm just praying now, But i'm on my knees... I could scream somebody help me out, But the wicked one is me..." I love. This song is moody- which she is so good at putting forth in her songs. I love the production of it and it always gets stuck in my head.” Yes it’s such a earworm and she does moody songs so well.

Untouchable Ace (8.8):

“Like some Marc Cherry theme tune.”

collxtion (8.5):

“Familiar thematic ground for Allie, another entry in the Bitch/Simon Says ~shadow self~ canon. The chorus is a bit grating, but the Dark Scandipop MØ-isms and the interplay of lyrics and melody in the verses really elevate the overall narrative (“I wanna want to get free… / stayin’ with you is easy………er than leaving”).” I’m still salty about the injustice towards Simon Says. Compared to the former Devil I Know’s message is way more straightforward and isn’t so obviously about Allie.

imaduck (7.5):

“I find cape god just lacks the punch that her previous work has.” No, that is the entirety of her Pre X Songs that is lacking.

15. I can get behind this elimination. I guess it's not a fave of mine because, taking out the ad-libbing in the last chorus, the song can sound a little one dimensional in a sense. The post-chorus I could pretend that I'm just praying now / But I'm only on my knees is a wicked good couplet though!

16. Not one of the three great tracks from the album!!11!11

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  17. Not mad. Devil is good but not great.

collxtion and Untouchable Ace like this.
  18. Not this.

19. [​IMG]

Let’s find out if @Verandi manifested another Cape Song to be exiled from this rate...

Well I’m outside....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

June Gloom

Average: 8.176

Total Points: 310.700

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 8.5

Highest Scores: 10 x9 @BubblegumBoy, @Cotton Park, @DJHazey, @RUNAWAY, @Sail On, @Andy French, @Pinky25, @collxtion
    & @savilizabeths,
    9.5 @boombazookajoe, 9 x5 @daninternational, @fatyoshi, @Gemini, @SlowGinFizzzz & @Cutlery

Lowest Scores: 6.2 @Untouchable Ace, 6 x3 @Ana Raquel, @soratami, @Verandi,
    5 x2 @Hurricane Drunk, @Conan, 4 @Holly Something

My fellow gloomsters, well it’s over.jpeg and I’m not very happy about today’s fuckery of this result. Originally noone on her team liked the demo but I’m glad they eventually came round to June Gloom’s greatness. Allie describes this song as the most soulful song on the album. It’s about Allie’s many sick summers where she was stuck indoors whilst her family and friends were living their best life. She lyrically describes ‘it’s meant to be dry with a touch of self deprecation and a sprinkle of existential crisis’.

Honestly it’s a pity this only reached #29 it deserved better as this song is quite a mood for me this is the most relatable song to me by a singer ever. Aside from being that lockdown bop it’s basically my life anthem as I'm the epitome of antisocial. I’ve spent a lot of my 33 years on this planet stuck indoors wishing I was one of the ‘cool kids’ instead.

DJHazey (10):

“Why is she calling me out like this? She wrote my fucking biography.” I agree she wrote my biopic in song.

collxtion (10):

“June Gloomsters put your hot and heavy ashes up!!!!!! I feel like this song gets no love from Allie herself, but those piano bonks just DO something to me.” Yeah she seems more passionate about the other Cape God songs.

daninternational (9):

“I'm amazed at how different yet interesting the music/production of all her tracks are. The heavy piano works so well here.” She has definitely got range and I love that for her.

Gemini (9):

“This little bop was really the quarantine anthem, huh? When I was depressed being trapped inside all summer, this song really spoke to that, despite being created before the pandemic, Allie really saw the future with this one.” The pandemic bop to end all other pandemic bops.

Next result will see the first 11 leave...

Will yours be safe...

[​IMG]

20. Scared for mine x

soratami and Phonetics Girl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.