Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #27 | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #27

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Super Sunset

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. whatever it is, I don't like it! (I'm terrible at discerning what instrumental/vocal alteration elements are at play in a song)

2. For those of you left to send your scores in please remember to state what versions you are rating for the songs where you have a choice.

Dijah., 2014, Phonetics Girl and 2 others like this.
  3. Can you remind me, is it preferable to include commentary mixed in with the scores or is it better to keep the PM’able list tidy and include commentary separately?

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  4. Meanwhile I feel like the vocoder enhances the song immensely and it's a contender for my 11.
    Taste is so weird.

5. When you see drama coming from a mile off
    [​IMG]
    sorry I know I need to not to but I'm rolling around on the floor over certain inside info
    gotta tape my mouth shut x

6. Please include your commentary with your scores.

collxtion and Phonetics Girl like this.
  7. Let's get into formation on some these versions, like we're rallying behind the single version of That's So Us over the album version, right RIGHT?

8. Aren’t they completely separate scores? They’re listed under two different albums in the list, not as versions. Unless I’m misunderstanding.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. They are, but I'm hoping people give the higher scores to the one that was released pre-CollXtion II release.

10. But the album version has extra bells and whistles??? Extra backing vocals and a superior mix?

Old Habits is the one that suffered on the album, THAT is the unsolved song we should be rallying behind.

11. That's why I wish we could've just done 'rate based on whatever version of the song you like' because songs might have a split-following they wouldn't have had otherwise, over a few minute differences in most cases. In other rates we're allowed to rate 'based on the version we want' for songs that have prominent remixes that are completely different songs in some cases, we're not talking about that kind of difference in the songs here.

I fell in love with the single That's So Us, so when I'm asked to choose between that and the album version, which to me, isn't very different, then I technically have to give a higher score to the single I fell in the love with. I just wished I didn't have to make that choice and could just stan for That's So Us the song. Period. Not That's So Us Patch V1.0 vs. That's So Us Patch V1.1

12. People were asking for That's So Us to be rated separately in the early pages of this thread. I think it was a mistake to do so as well, especially considering the Analog versions etc. that actually do sound significantly different were rated as one.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Can I ask (sorry if I've missed it) but what's the difference between the 2 That's So Us that are mentioned?? x

DJHazey and Untouchable Ace like this.
  14. Just this, basically!

2014 and Untouchable Ace like this.
  15. I could have made That’s So Us a choice but I didn’t because I felt there was enough to differentiate between the two. Super Sunset was made a choice because I thought it would be better to let participants choose their favourite version than rate it separately. Ultimately I stand by the decisions I made regarding the song list. There was plenty of time to raise any issues with the song list before the rate started when I posted it in the rate queue thread and none were raised apart from adding songs.

16. I think a similar situation happened in the Jamelia rate when we were rating two versions of Beware of the Dog that were pretty much identical but no one felt the need to pit them against each other and bomb one version in favour of the other. So that's the kind of energy I came into this rate with, I guess. Still hate what she did with songs on CollXtion II that had a superior demo, ha Rebel Heart era was real.

17. I get that I didn't point it out before the rate, but I didn't realize the effect it might have until I sat down and rated it. It's all good though, no hard feelings.

18. There's literally nothing that I dislike in the song list, I am shook.

Pinky25, Phonetics Girl and collxtion like this.
  19. Reading the page about That's So Us while totally forgot that it had a "different mix" from Unsolved to Collxtion II even if it was like, my top3 before I got cold feet over it....... a moment.

Working on the scores right now.

20. Allie X is one of the artists featured in the Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore, so I hope you will take part and support her if you can

I'll also be using this rate as an opportunity to familiarise myself with her discography, as I only actually know a handful of songs. @SophiaSophia/@Phonetics Girl you can count on getting my ballot within the next couple of days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.