Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28 | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Super Sunset

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. I wonder if something off the two soundtrack songs, or a demo from Unsolved or (best case scenario) Simon Says might be packing its bags next elimination

Remorque likes this.
  2. The way all of the eliminations so far have been from the optional section...

[​IMG]

Just playing, but I'm looking forward to getting rid of some Allie X stuff.

3. [​IMG]

4. I just realised that, since so few people voted in the optional section, if there's a song all five people loved and gave a 9 or 10 to, it could end up getting the highest average and winning the rate

[​IMG]

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

5. I didn't even give scores above 8... I don't think it's happening!

6. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Elevator is coming for that top 10 placement!

7. 7.5 was the highest I gave in the optional section so I think its unlikely.

8. [​IMG]

It’s time to give @Glitterizer what they want...

Did @Cutlery guess right?

[​IMG]
    Kid Wonder

Average: 6.634

Total Points: 252.100

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 6

Highest Scores: 10 x2 @DJHazey, @Pinky25, 9 @daninternational, 8.5 x3 @Conan, @Glitterizer, @RUNAWAY

Lowest Scores: 4 @Sail On 3 x2 @imaduck, @savilizabeths, 1 @collxtion 0 @Gemini

Turns out @Cutlery was right that one of the soundtrack songs would leave and it's also the first mandatory and Allie X song to leave as well. Personally for me Kid Wonder isn’t up there with the rest of Allie’s discography for a song from a Netflix show soundtrack it’s inoffensive but very throwaway.

daniinternational (9):

“It's a great soundtrack song, but also works outside of that context too” I don’t know about that cause there are better and more iconic songs from soundtracks that stand out on their own. This however ain’t one of them.

Untouchable Ace (8.1):

“Should have been a Troye collaboration.” Firstly the wrong decimal usage and now suggestions of a Troye Sivan collab. Maybe I should have disqualified your scores after all cause that statement was a choice.

Cutlery (7.5):

“I hear something and I like it! I don't think the song fully takes off but there is a sense of buildup within its retro soundscape that, at points and in hindsight, sounds quite a bit like Dua's 'Physical'.” This is nothing like Physical I find it blasphemous to suggest so.

imaduck (3):

“Kid Wonder - 3 - Always felt like a throw away outtake.” I concur with this factually correct statement.

collxtion (1):

“It’s really hard for me to rationalize that the same artist responsible for some of the behemoths in this rate (Catch, Sanctuary, Little Things, Fresh Laundry, etc.) could put out something so trite and juvenile. The rhymes (“show/go/slow/so,” “girl like me/tragedy,” “wonder/KID WONDER x4!!”) are bottom-of-the-barrel. One of the few true clunkers in her official discography.” Get her Jade.

Gemini (0):

“I don't care for the quite mellow echoy-ness of this song. It's kind of a somewhat Allie staple, at least through most of her work with Leland. I just don't go to it when I go to listen to her songs.” I’m not sure a zero reflects this commentary but do you

9. You aren't wrong! This one sounded more demo-ish the more I played it so bye to it

Remorque likes this.
  10. *Looks at her Allie Hughes output*
    [​IMG]

11. Ok but Sunflower better last a bit longer now. It’s basically a better version of Kid Wonder.

12. I actually prefer kid wonder over sunflower. I think it fit the movie better. I remember watching the movie with my sister and being so excited that Allie X had so many songs in it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  13. Ddddd there’s a reason I didn’t rate the optional songs. The difference with Kid Wonder is she should know better by now!
    True! A 3 as opposed to a 1.

Remorque, slaybellz and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  14. Sounds like something a rose girl in a glass vase would say.

15. I like Sunflower's theme but the vocal is far from my favorite

Remorque and Pinky25 like this.
  16. Blasphemy! Make it make sense! Much better than Sunflower.

17. Sunflower & Kid Wonder are like...
    [​IMG]

But somehow "Kid Wonder" sounds a little more... finished. Beat, Vocals, Delivery all go along. Sunflower sounds like trying to get the words while the instrumental is playing and they didn't do any other take. But yeah, we just need to keep it going.

18. The next tie of the rate will be coming tonight I meant to post this on Friday but it was my birthday.

19. HappyBirthdayHappyBirthday, @SophiaSophia!

20. Looks like Allie left you a present...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.