Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28 | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Super Sunset

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. [​IMG]

Is more drama on the cards...

Sadly no, normal service resumes in this rate but after this result another Allie X song leaves...

Possibly not the one you’re expecting to leave next...

[​IMG]

Irish Colcannon (2.57)

Average: 6.650

Total Points: 33.250

Total Number of Voters: 5

Highest Scores: 8.75 @DinahLee, 8 @RUNAWAY

Lowest Scores: 5 @Ana Raquel, 4.5 @Cutlery

Ladies and Gentlemen loses a 5th song in the rate, poor it and once again there was no commentary from the 5 who endured this aural mess. Whilst it’s certainly more upbeat than the other offerings that have left from this album it’s just incredibly middle of the road. There’s hardly any improvement from the Waiting From The Prize version the tempo change and the guitar solo adds nothing.

[​IMG]

Stars

Average: 6.650

Total Points: 33.250

Highest Scores: 8.75 @DinahLee, 8 @RUNAWAY

Lowest Scores: 4 @Cutlery

Stars is the first song to leave from Allie Hughes the self titled EP whilst I appreciate the shift in genre towards Indie Pop it’s still very nondescript in terms of overall quality.

Cutlery (4):

“It's not produced very well, is it? Serving car dealer advertisement music. And the male vocals are annoying; way too mid 2000s for me.”

2. What the hell "irish colcannon" I've read it as "Irish Volcano" my whole life??? I had to google what's a Colcannon. I guess this says a lot about my high scores and attention.

Stars is a bop tho. That bridge is so... pure. I think a lot about how she really morphs from sound to sound, having some of these acoustic\country demos and even children songs thrown in. This one feels like a crossover. I remember seeing an old tweet about her re-recording it and changing the lyrics a bit for something like "we ARE the stars" this time!!". Not sure if it's the remix (that I can't find uploaded anywhere right now) but yeah... it's cute.

Remorque, Pinky25 and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. Better than Kid Wonder? Choices have been made...

4. [​IMG]

The second Allie X song in the rate to leave is...

Is actually happening at #60...

Turns out I got too excited about potential drama happening that I forgot the existence of #61...

[​IMG]

Black Cloud

Average: 6.700

Total Points: 33.500

Highest Scores: 8 @RUNAWAY, 7.5 @DinahLee

Lowest Scores: 5.5 @Ana Raquel

[​IMG]

Ladies and Gentlemen loses a 6th song and once again I’m struggling to find any enthusiasm because some vocal choices were made that shouldn’t have been. Hence the gif above cause my ears were hurting. The 5 voters once again left no comments.

5. You're not the only one... I don't even recall a thing about this one
    Its elimination? Let's celebrate that

[​IMG]

6. Well I have to say I haven't been tempted to press play on a single one of these Allie Hughes songs so far dd

Remorque, DJHazey, sfmartin and 4 others like this.
  7. Before we move into the top 60 of the rate it’s time for a recap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#60 will be coming later tonight..

8. A solid cull if you ask me! Kinda eager to have Hughes out of the way, I wonder which pre-X song will come out on top.

9. Kid Wonder should've been #46 instead of #64, at least. That's the only song I rated that has gone out so far.

10. Wonder if it will be Sunflower (Synth Reprise)?

Remorque and Untouchable Ace like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Is @Cutlery going to be on the money again and guess right...

If only...

But something tells me that this result won’t go down well with some perhaps...

[​IMG]
    Alexandra

Average: 6.709

Total Points: 254.950

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 5

Highest Scores: 10 x4 @fatyoshi, @Trinu 3.0, @Holly Something & @savilizabeths, 9.5 x2 @RUNAWAY, @Glitterizer, 9 @Pinky25

Lowest Scores: 4 @Verandi, 3 x4 @sfmartin, @imaduck, @Sail On, @collxtion, 2 @Ana Raquel, 1 @Hurricane Drunk

Alexandra is the first song from Unsolved to leave the rate it explores the theme of losing yourself which was also prevalent on The Story of X. The lyricism tells the relationship with her past self. Whilst I strongly relate to the lyrical theme there is nothing really attention grabbing. I don’t think it’s even good enough to be background music. In a way I’m glad it never made it on to Collxtion II because I would have skipped it definitely if there hadn’t been significant changes from this demo.

Glitterizer (9.5):

“I know y'all are gonna do this one dirty, but it's really emotionally affecting to me. One of my favorite Allie deep cuts.” You did say you wanted drama though and this is the consequence of wanting it.

DJHazey (8.5):

“Not an absolute favorite of mine, but it’s still a heartbreaking mind-fuck of a track and truly unique. A treasure, a haunt.” I don’t think we’re going to be on the same page when it comes to Unsolved.

Cutlery (8.5):
    “This one is so bittersweet, it hits home in that if I met myself at like 10 years old there's a possibility I wouldn't be able to tell myself all the things I would want to, and that's the idea that always comes to me with this track. But on the flip side, I'd feel so much tenderness finally seeing me the way other grown up people did when I was that age, and I think Allie balances some of these mixed emotions about her and her past self really well on this demo, which in all fairness is good enough to be considered a finalized song in my book. A more subdued moment but it packs an emotional punch once I started really getting into it. I wouldn’t be opposed to Allie doing a full project in this vein.” Personally I found it lacking a emotional punch.​

daninternational (7):

“It's daring with the vocals but the music itself is really nice.” Thankfully it’s not daring vocally in the Allie Hughes way and I’m very grateful for that.

Gemini (6):

“I didn't properly start liking this song until Sasha Velour performed it once and now I like it quite a bit more.” It's a well known fact that drag queens make everything better.

collxtion (3):

“Why did she drag herself this hard? Redeemed ONLY by Sasha Velour’s incredible performance.” I must say I paid way more attention to the song watching Miss Sasha’s performance than I did just listening.

imaduck (3):

“there's something very milla jovovich about this.” To be honest I forgot she made music.

Remorque, soratami, sfmartin and 17 others like this.
  12. Not this before Casanova Demo and damn Purge.... The vocal was ahead of its time for certain people

13. Hmm what the fuck!!

14. There are worse songs than this??? The fuck????

Remorque, RUNAWAY, Cutlery and 2 others like this.
  15. Oh Alexandraaaa, why did taste leave this forummmmmm?

16. [​IMG]

Swish swish, another one in the basket!

17. You have forfeited the rights to that username, hand it over to the appropriate authorities now!!!

18. ff I can't even be mad at @collxtion going in so much (yet)

19. I was just about to ask them for their stan card so we could shred it.

Love it but as stated not truly a favorite favorite so I will let this one go.

Remorque and Untouchable Ace like this.
  20. Trust, I wrote ESSAYS. I am excited for the top 35 or so, I can’t say enough good things about most* of her discography.

My stan card is unshreddable! I cannot be stopped!

*Alexandra/That’s So Us/Sierra Burgess are not included in this offer. Terms and conditions may apply.

Remorque, Sail On and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.