Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Super Sunset

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. I definitely want to participate. This will also be my first rate i've bothered to do. So. That'll be fun.

Pinky25 and Cutlery like this.
  2. I’ve added the song list in a pm-able format to the opening post for when you send your scores in but if you’re only doing the compulsory songs then copy only up to Sunflower.

Also do free feel to tag others who might be interested in this rate as the only tagging I will be doing is for reminders.

3. I'm surprised by how relatively small her back catalogue actually is? Like, in my mind she churned out song after song.

4. She's one of those acts that goes by the "quality over quantity" lifestyle through and through. Lest we forget how many unreleased songs and scrapped artistic names she's ditched though

5. I've got a bunch of 10's, I can't decide on an 11 yet!

6. TELL MY MOTHER THAT I MISS HER (miss her)
    TELL MY FATHER THAT I TRIED (i tried)
    DON'T CONFUSE MY LITTLE SISTER
    LET HER SLEEP ON IT TONIGHT
    [​IMG]
    WITH THE STICKS AND STONES I'M MADE OF
    (made of)
    I SWEAR I TRIED THE BEST I COULD (i could)
    I STILL WANT TO BE A WINNER
    I WANT TO BE GOOD

[​IMG]

A song.

7. So many potential 11s for me:
    Hello
    Sanctuary
    All The Rage
    Regulars

Question, is there any difference between the Unsolved and CollXtion II versions of That's So Us? They are both the same length, so I'm thinking not.

8. There are a handful of backing vocals and ad-libs, mostly in the second verse, that were added for the album version. But it’s extremely minimal, they’re functionally the same!

9. There's a pretty subtle difference but I think the Unsolved version just has a bit more oomph while the one that was later put on the album sounds flatter/sedated in comparison. I'm prone to demoitis, though and I'm sure someone can explain the difference better. Edit: @collxtion did that.

BubblegumBoy and SophiaSophia like this.
  10. If you've listened to That's So Us as much as me, there's BIG differences in the 2 versions.

Excited to dive into this, I've got gaps in my Allie X knowledge

11. I personally find the album version that little bit more polished compared to the Unsolved version obviously if there were no differences then I would have just included it in the rate just once.

12. Yeah I honestly can't hear the difference either.

13. I’ve known my 11 since before this rate was even decided. I doubt it will win though. I’m hoping it goes top 5 though.

14. YES!! It's been a minute since I did a rate but I'm so damn excited for this one!!

15. Am I to rate the songs that have two versions separately as if they were two different entries, or just once but denote which one I was scoring on?

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  16. The latter, the version which is your favourite is the one you rate and mention it in the PM.

Gemini likes this.
  17. I know that voting is open but is it too late for a new addition?

18. If there is a consensus I’ll happily include Shadow in the rate, if you want me too add this song to the rate then just like this post and if you don’t then don’t like this post. If the number of likes on this post exceeds 10 I’ll include it in the rate.

19. I've got started on this and wow she has so many good songs I'd somehow completely missed.

Btw can somebody please enlighten me on what's the point of/difference between analog version and not? Is it like 'unplugged' for electro music or....?

20. Basically, yes.
    A bit more live vocals, and some stripped back instrumental - but it's still relatively electro.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.