Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28 | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate #28

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Super Sunset

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  5. Cape God

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. True, but half of Cape God lacks flavour so what can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

daninternational likes this.
  2. I'm really shocked at any Cape God song leaving before... quite a few other songs that still remain, to be honest.

3. Madame X is lovely but lower tier so It makes sense it’s leaving now.

4. I mean it should have lasted longer but i'm not that upset? I gave it a 7.

5. Cape God's elimination order keeps being extremely on point. I'm not even going to suggest anything in terms of cuts, just in case I jinx it for CollXtion I...

Verandi and Untouchable Ace like this.
  6. Cape God's elimination order is completely out of whack until Life of the Party dies.

collxtion, Dijah. and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  7. M24

M24

Aahh, how could the haunting Madame X go before the completely generic Paper Love?? Something's not right...

but then I gave the former an 8.75 and the latter a 7.5, so I guess I have no right to complain

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  8. If @soratami's sophomores rate is anything to go by, that one has a pretty long way to go, unfortunately

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cause a song from Collxtion II that’s early in the tracklisting will be exiting the rate today...

[​IMG]

Need You

Average: 7.733

Total Points: 293.850

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 3

Highest Scores: 10 x9 @daninternational, @fatyoshi, @RUNAWAY, @Glitterizer, @DinahLee, @finito, @imaduck, @Andy French & @Pinky25, 9.5 x2 @boombazookajoe, @collxtion, 9.1 @Untouchable Ace, 9 @Conan

Lowest Scores: 5 x4 @Ana Raquel, @SlowGinFizzzz, @aux & @ohnostalgia, 4.5 x2 @DJHazey, @Hurricane Drunk, 3 x2 @SophiaSophia, @Phonetics Girl

Which turns out to be track 3 that’s going Need You is such a non entity for me second to True Love Is Violent on Collxtion II. It’s a very typical break up song with a nod to Imogen Heap with the use of the vocoder. I have zero time for songs of this nature unless there is something special there which I don’t find to be the case here.

daninternational (10):

“It's beautiful especially with the male vocal adding more depth”

Glitterizer (10):

“I'm a sucker for vocoder-heavy tracks, and this is a perfect use of it. It just makes the hurt and emptiness of the song all the more palpable.”

imaduck (10):

“eugughhgfjghggfdgjhhjfhjhjfhjhjdgghgghg my heart hurts, this is the lo-fi melodyfuck sadbops that I live for.”

collxtion (9.5):

“In the most flattering way, so many things about this track evoke Imogen Heap for me. The heartbeat-based rhythm of Heap’s Lifeline comes to mind, as well as the vocoder-dripped tones of Hide & Seek. Allie has made a ballad-lover out of me and—if you count it as one—this is one of her best, an intimate synthesized whisper that churns along and then evaporates without a trace.

I also can’t EVER shake my association of this song with Xelda Xanadu’s inventive lip sync performance.

Lost in the X archives is a professionally filmed rendition of this performance, shot at Google in NYC, that never aired, after the Collxtion II drag queen series was scrapped (only Biblegirl’s Casanova ever saw the light of day). Allie’s career is rife with could-have-beens but this one will always be one of the saddest for me.”

Untouchable Ace (9.1):

“So Troye.”

Cutlery (8.25):

“The Imogenprint! It’s hard not to find the understated, calm atmosphere to my liking. The vocal loop of Allie going “mmm” that comes during the second verse for the lack of actual percussion? It makes me ascend. Her friend Valley Girl dueting with her should be a little jarring but the vocodered experience brings their voices together in an effective manner. And given that the song really needs the two people in a strained/broken friendship to give their points of view, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Gemini (6):

“I have a love for Allie's more upbeat songs and obviously this is not one. It's okay. I liked it at the time it came out, but nowadays i'd rather listen to it's big sister: Love Me Wrong.”

DJHazey (4.5):

“The first meh song, mainly because of enough bad autotune choices to go around.”

M24, Dijah., slaybellz and 17 others like this.
  10. ...I think I'm gonna stop checking this thread until the Top 10.

11. Wait?! What?! Shame.

M24, slaybellz, RUNAWAY and 1 other person like this.
  12. I'm fine with this. I scored it a 6 for good reason. It's like a good song, but it's not what I go to her for. I love her more upbeat tracks but Need You is just far too chill for me.

13. Fuck Hide & Seek's drag huh? Is it the MisandryJustice and UnknownFlopMaleJustice contributing here, too? The vocoder is something Allie should explore more in her music honestly.

Verandi, slaybellz, DinahLee and 4 others like this.
  14. This is why we can't have nice things

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  15. That’s So Us (both versions) need to exit STAT I can’t take this. An eye for an eye.

16. I'd rather keep both my eyes and say goodbye to some of the lesser content instead

17. Good. This should've been the first CollXtion II track to leave.

Phonetics Girl, Gemini and DJHazey like this.
  18. Oh but I really like this!

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  19. Well.
    The fact it outdid all these Cape God songs... this is fine.

Need You is indeed a masterpiece, conveying the minimalism of Clx II with evocative/powerful lyrics. I mean. It’s SADNESS and LONGING drowned in Vocoders.

I’m just unsure of what Vintage (?) is still doing here (?)

Glitterizer and Holly Something like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.