Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate Winner Revealed | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Save Your Rates For Someone Like Me: Allie X Rate Winner Revealed

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SophiaSophia, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Favourite Allie X Release?

1. CollXtion I

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. CollXtion II: Ʉnsolved

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. CollXtion II

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Super Sunset

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  5. Cape God

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. My ideal top 10 out of what's left in no particular order:

Hello
    Catch
    Prime
    Sanctuary

Casanova (Solo/Duet)
    Old Habits Die Hard

Science
    Focus

Fresh Laundry
    Regulars

BubblegumBoy and Untouchable Ace like this.
  2. Who hurt you…

3. Don't get him to start listing, please.

4. Surely not Science, because it never really did anything teebs dd

5. My unrealistic top 10 11:

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

It’s top 20 time…

This result brings a physical reaction…

[​IMG]

Susie Save Your Love

Average: 8.463

Total Points: 321.600

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 9

Highest Scores: 11 x2 @Cotton Park, @Petty Mayonnaise, 10 x9 @fatyoshi, @DJHazey, @RUNAWAY, @Dijah., @boombazookajoe, @Andy French, @Remorque, @Trinu 3.0 & @savilizabeths, 9.5 x2 @Cutlery, @Holly Something, 9 x6 @SophiaSophia, @BubblegumBoy, @DinahLee, @Sail On, @aux, @imaduck

Lowest Scores: 7 x2 @daninternational, @Pinky25, 6 x5 @Gemini, @Hurricane Drunk, @Ana Raquel, @SlowGinFizzzz & @collxtion, 4 @Verandi

Susie Save Your Love was one of the few songs from Cape God to be written before the concept of the album came to be. The song features Mitski; the pair ended up working together after Allie was introduced to her music whilst she was working on Need You with Nate Campany. Allie was so impressed by Mitski she got her team to contact Mitski to see if she wanted to work together and thankfully Mitski obliged. Allie said working with her was ‘refreshing and seamless’. Susie Save Your Love tells the story of a girl whose boyfriend treats her badly and her friend thinks she’s a better match for Susie.

Prior to Cape God I’d never heard of Mitski but I’m happy this collaboration came to be because it led me to listening to Puberty2. Mitski was one of my favourite discoveries of 2020. I love the narrative of the song especially as it sets up what’s to come in the overall arc and it’s very relatable lyrically. I love how their voices blend together in an organic manner and it’s stylistic without being overly. Ultimately there’s something about this collaboration that’s very harmonious and I wouldn’t mind hearing more music from them.

DJHazey (10):

“Hold onto my wig, I’m about to transcend.”

[​IMG]

Dijah. (10):

“A jam and a half.”

imaduck (9):

“Probably the most radio friendly, mass appeal song she has, it's well formed, easy listening pop classic.” Whistles in Paper Love.

daninternational (7):

“I know Mitski is popular on the forum, but this isn't what I want from Allie.” Plays Nobody.mp3

Gemini (6):

“This is where the album really started losing momentum for me. The chorus is cute but I don't really care for the verses. I think if Cape God was a place - as Allie is world building with this album- having a song like Sarah Come Home singing about someone who lives there was much stronger than this one with another "character". Maybe that's just my issue for making this a bit more narrative than it needs to be though.” Without Susie, Life of the Party would be rather faceless.

collxtion (6):

“The Hey Girl of Cape God!”

[​IMG]

7. Susie Save Your Love had NO BUSINESS going out at #20.

8. Screaming at this very layered shade.

soratami, collxtion and Gemini like this.
  9. It's on sight @collxtion

collxtion likes this.
  10. It should have gone out at least 10 places lower.

Verandi likes this.
  11. This is not an album highlight, so naur x

collxtion likes this.
  12. The accuracy, though.

collxtion likes this.
  13. I wish I'd taken part in this but I'm not a huge fan of 'Cape God,' or the Allie Hughes songs, so I decided not to participate. Here are the scores above 8 I would have given to the eliminated songs so far. Any song not mentioned I would have given 7.5 or less. I will be looking at the Top 20 with interest.

Life Of The Party 8
    Can't Stop Now 8.5
    Good 8.5
    Too Much To Dream 8.5

Bitch 9
    Paper Love 9

All The Rage 10
    Tumor 10

soratami and Untouchable Ace like this.
  14. This should've left a long time ago.

15. [​IMG]

We’ve been here before with this next result…

[​IMG]

That’s So Us

Average: 8.466

Total Points: 321.700

Total Number of Voters: 38

My Score: 11

Highest Scores: 11 x2 @SophiaSophia, @Holly Something, 10 x8 @BubblegumBoy, @DJHazey, @Conan, @Remorque, @ohnostalgia, @Pinky25, @Trinu 3.0 & @savilizabeths, 9.75 @M24, 9.7 @Untouchable Ace, 9.5 x2 @daninternational, @aux

Lowest Scores: 6 @boombazookajoe, 5 x2 @soratami, @Sail On, 2.5 @collxtion

In the end there wasn’t much that separated the two versions and for this write up I’m not going to justify why I separated them. Instead I’m going to focus on this glorious piece of pop music. There is just something so joyful about this song but executed in a way that still feels Allie X choice lyricism aside that is. When I first heard this during my first play of CollXtion II it felt like a huge moment on the album. I wouldn’t consider myself to be a romantic person but this song just spoke to me the most more than the other songs did and in some ways it brings out the dreamy romanticist in me. But I also love the fact that it isn’t a love song in the traditional sense as it can be about companionship too. This song is what I imagine having someone who gets me feels like be it lover or a friend. I can clearly envision a selfie montage in my head every time I play this. Out of all the other songs on Collxtion II this was the one I constantly kept coming back to.

For those interested I will post what a combined average would have looked like at the end of the rate.

Pinky25 (10):

“As somebody who has yet to find a "soul mate" the lyrics of this song has also struck me.”

Untouchable Ace (9.7):

“How did this tune never get used in music before?”

[​IMG]

daninternational (9.5):

“It's great in all versions, but this one is a bit less beefed up and is marked down for it.” It’s much better than the demoitus sounding one on Unsolved.

Cutlery (9):

“A version that feels ever so slightly less polished, but I'm giving it an equal score since it's not enough to take any enjoyment out of it, I believe.” This version is flaw free instead.

imaduck (7.5):

“It would be an 8 if I didn't find the lyrics so cringe, if this shuffled on when I was with someone else (a non fan) I would skip it to avoid embarrassment.” There is so much wrong with this statement aside from a tone deaf lyric this is far from cringe.

Gemini (7):

“This song kind of sounds like a throwaway Collxtion 1 song. But it's still one of the songs I think of when I think of CXN 2.”

[​IMG]

collxtion (2.5):

“This kind of song has always been beneath her, frankly. Collxtion II represents a streamlining and ironing-out of the X brand, and nowhere does she feel more cynically… commercial than on this track. My distaste has been validated by queen herself, argue with the wall!” Bye Felicia

16. Oh apparently I only gave this a 9? I thought I 10'd it.

Also the fact that the Unsolved version only fell two spots behind despite my 0.

[​IMG]

17. You indeed gave this a 9 I checked the PMs so many times to make sure there were no mistakes in the spreadsheet.

slaybellz likes this.
  18. Yeah no worries, I saw it was a 9 in my PM but for some reason I misremembered it being a 10 before I checked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.