Scarlett Johansson

My personal opinion on ScarJo is that she's crap. And not in a Lindsay Lohan-in-need-of-autotune kind of way.

Boring sounding songs with atrocious, tone-deaf vocals. I don't care whether or not she's doing this 'because she wants to.' It doesn't disguise that fact that she is a crap singer.

S

Still_FMW

She should be focusing on becoming even a decent actress and less of a slapper, then maybe she can have a singing career

Are you all crazy?
The album is VERY good -surprisingly so for a hollywood starlet. Very diverse, full of surprises, it subjects the originals to a novel treatment that works, and the voice -understated and often eerie, fits.

According to Pitchfork, via USA Today, Scarlett will be releasing a new album this year. It will be a collaboration with Pete Yorn, and is inspired by Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot.

http://pitchfork.com/news/35414-scarlett-johansson-records-gainsbourg-inspired-album-with-pete-yorn/

I know there are very very few people out there who actually enjoyed her first album, but I happen to be one of them. This excites me so much!

http://thebreakupalbum.com/

So this is where the first single, 'Relator', can be heard.

The album is apparently a collection of nine duets, and was actually recorded two years before "Anywhere I Lay My Head", according to USA Today.

I rather like the song.

Re: New Scarlett Johansson Album (With Pete Yorn)

YES.

Amazing news. I still love her first album. Although, I would appreciate it if the production didn't drown her voice out so frequently on this album, thanks. (I don't know Pete Yorn. How similar is his stuff to David Sitek? I'd like the same style, but, you know, don't overpower the voice. She sounds like Nico!)

Gaffa Mafia said:
YES.

Amazing news. I still love her first album. Although, I would appreciate it if the production didn't drown her voice out so frequently on this album, thanks. (I don't know Pete Yorn. How similar is his stuff to David Sitek? I'd like the same style, but, you know, don't overpower the voice. She sounds like Nico!)

I'm not familiar with Pete Yorn either, but I'd definitely like something in the same vein as the first. The Tinkerbell on cough syrup vibe was wonderfully weird and beautiful at the same time. I'm going to be doing some Yorn research.

Charley

Staff member

'Anywhere I Lay My Head' is one of those albums where you enjoy the general 'feel' of it.

GREAT NEWS!!!!

You all have to check out her Jeff Buckley cover...Last Goodbye....

I think the first album was a very brave and surprisingly good take on a very difficult subject (Tom Waits).
I like this girl. It seems she really likes to make music -almost unique among Hollywood starlets who have a go; and even rare among popstars.

I like 'Relator' .
Too bad it's not a "new" record. She still sounds nice.

Now hopefully she'll get back together with David Sitek and make another record but with original songs.
'Song For Jo' was too good to not make an "original" album.

I also loved her first album. It's one of those albums I can put on no matter what mood I'm in, it really covers the whole emotional spectrum.

So therefore I'm looking forward to this.