Schitt's Creek | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Schitt's Creek

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by inevitable, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Damn, the tour is going to LA on a date I would've been there but I had to cancel... and they won't be in my city at all. That sucks.

It also sucks that we only have 3 or 4 more episodes left.

2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The season started off a little shaky but they've been on a roll for the past few episodes. I'm gonna miss Alexis and Moira so much.

Roland's always been irritating as shit but he's been extra bothersome this season and I want him to GO AWAY

Future Lover and Island like this.
  3. The finale is going to be an extended special.

Slamb likes this.
  4. Tonight's episode was an emotional rollercoaster of proportions I was NOT prepared for.

5. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I wasn't even remotely ready for last night's episode... I didn't realize they'd pull out the big punches already. The finale next week is going to destroy me.

6. I wept throughout that episode. I'm going to miss these guys so much. Happy about the extended finale!

DiscoRobot likes this.
  7. Alexis is probably one of my favourite sitcom characters of all time - the growth she has gone through from season 1 to end of season 6!

8. I'm honestly fucked up right now.

This fucking show...

sfmartin, Harmonia and VitaminBee like this.
  9. I like never cry when watching TV shows but that scene with David and Stevie outside the house broke me.

10. The finale was really nice. I gasped when Moira came down the aisle dressed like a gilded pope sksksk. It was heartwarming and charming and hilarious. Gosh, what an incredible cast.

I wish it was longer though. It felt too short. I wouldn't have minded at least another scene, maybe from the party/reception with everyone celebrating etc. Just a lil more closure. But I get what they wanted to do.

Also I hope Mariah got a cheque.

This show
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    sfmartin, Island, RainOnFire and 5 others like this.
  11. I've been a wreck for the past hour.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  12. I liked it. It was cute.

I know I'm in the minority in being a bit disappointed by it, though. I was more moved by last week's episode and I felt it could've acted as the finale for the most part.

I wish the finale was less about the wedding and more about the family as a whole. As special as David and Patrick's relationship has been, it didn't make the show for me. And while Alexis, Moira, and Johnny all had their moments at different points this season, it seemed like they were on the backburner this episode.

And I thought the happy ending plot was a little odd and out of character? Loved papal Moira. What a serve. The wedding was beautiful (though it looked sunny and bright out!!!).

Overall, I loved this season and this show. What a wonderful, heartwarming sitcom that I know I'll revisit many times in the future.

Connor Walsh and RainOnFire like this.
  13. I actually agree the wedding shouldn't have served as the finale. I get why they did it, but I feel like spending the entire season leading up to it was a bit much and would've been better somewhere between Episode 10 to 13.

14. Moira walking out from behind that curtain dressed for a Drag Race Vatican Realness runway is PEAK television.

I could watch this show every day for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy watching nothing else.

15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I shrieked when Moira emerged from behind the curtain. They literally could not have picked a better send-off outfit.

I also have a few mixed feelings about the finale... last week's episode felt more like a finale than this one? I wanted more family moments as @AstronautMikeDexter said - the best part of the episode for me was the exchange between Moira and Alexis when Moira was working on her speech, and I wish we had gotten more of those between all of the family members.

Regardless, I'm going to miss these characters an unbelievable amount. Moira and Alexis (especially the latter) are maybe my favourite sitcom characters ever. Every writer who worked on this show deserves an Emmy for how they handled Alexis' character development throughout the 6 seasons.

(I also don't think I'm ever going to shake off the feeling that this should've had just 1 more season to really make it feel 'whole' and not like it was ending prematurely, but oh well, what can we do).

16. Yeah, I think they could have easily taken the franchising of the Rosebud Motel and pushed it into another season and allowed the growth and success of each character become the show's final kiss off instead. The wedding was definitely the central plot of season 6 and swallowed up the finale, which felt a bit unfair to the rest of the family/cast. Having the two plots split among two seasons would have allowed both to breathe. Dan Levy making himself the main character in the end is a little annoying ddd but yas cmon positive queer relationship representation.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  17. I have to agree with people saying that the finale didn't make me as emotional as the episode before it did. It was good but it definitely felt like David's episode and not the family's.

The special that aired after the finale though... That made me ugly cry. There were some really great and touching moments shown throughout those 44 minutes. Along with some great behind the scenes footage.

RainOnFire and Mr Blonde like this.
  18. I binge-watched this yesterday and I cried so much. I never thought I would say this but Alexis has become my favorite character, her development was extraordinary and her episode with Ted broke me so much.
    And Moira Rose, what a treasure, I screamed when she appeared at the wedding to officiate it.

RainOnFire, Mr Blonde and DiscoRobot like this.
  19. I watched the pilot for this a few years ago and I must sheepishly admit that I hated it.
    Couldn't bear any of the characters - I guess I wasn't supposed to... but I didn't watch another episode.

However, in between quarantine naps, I sadly searched 'gay storylines' on YouTube and came across David and Patrick. Simply The Best made me cry without even knowing anything about the show so I decided to give it another go.

I binged the whole thing. I watched a season per day. Fair to say, I ended up being in love with every character (except Roland *insert one of Alexis' frustrated growls*).

I love Moira Rose, I love how far Alexis came over the 6 seasons, I love David and Patrick (I want my very own Patrick), I love the bond between Johnny and Stevie. The last couple of episodes had me in a mess... and I agree, I sort of feel like the last two episodes should have been switched around.

20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Yeah, it definitely took them a few episodes to figure out their footing. They were so unlikeable in the first few episodes, and I think it took them a bit to match that unlikeability with some heart and humour, as opposed to them just being assholes.

Roland is irredeemable though, I've never found him funny and he was the biggest weak link of the whole series. Just flat-out annoying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.