Scissor Sisters - General Discussion | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Scissor Sisters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by truman, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Luc

Luc

A Night Work vinyl re-issue is long overdue!

michaelhird and neinzedd like this.
  2. Why was Night Work not available on streaming before?

neinzedd likes this.
  3. I managed to snatch a blue one from Discogs a few months back. Keep an eye out as they sometimes pop up for a reasonable price!

Luc likes this.
  4. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I don't think a reunion is as out of the question as everyone seems to think, but I doubt it'll be for a while. Especially since Jake seems to be lining up a new album of his own.

5. He

He

I mean, they're still friends right?

6. SBK

SBK

Yeah, I think they feel the band came to a natrual end.

It a shame they never did a hits collection, I know they're less important in the streaming era, but it would have been a hell of a tour.

magictreehouse and He like this.
  7. He

He

I see them doing a GH tours at some point. Maybe in 5 years? When the bank numbers are running a little low.

8. Wasn't there an interview with Jake at the time of his album and they asked Ana for a quote and she declined?

neinzedd likes this.
  9. Hmmm. I assumed they stayed on good terms or did they fall out?

10. I remember reading this too but could be easy to interpret as sinister when it might have just been she was unavailable, someone from her team declined on her behalf or something equally mundane. They did SWERLK the other year so there’s still hope.

tripmywire likes this.
  11. Nn Jake and Ana don't seem to be close anymore no? And Del Marquis said that touring was ruining is mental health so I don't know. Maybe in 5 years but I'm not expecting anything.

12. SBK

SBK

They kinda have to get back together, that can't be their last release.

neinzedd likes this.
  13. Rod should have a word, he might as well be an honorary member of the band at this point.

mguyb, Poker Pro and tripmywire like this.
  14. I relistened to it today and it’s like I’ve never heard it before. Despite the number of collaborators it’s mostly bland and forgettable.

smellycat likes this.
  15. Yeah I've just given it a spin and, other than Shady Love and Kiki, it's all very subpar for the quality they're capable of.

16. I think I listened to it maybe twice, and then reverted back to Ta-Dah!

17. I love Magic Hour. Kiki, Shady Love, Fuck Yeah and San Luis Obispo are all in my Top 10 Scissor songs, plus I consider Only the Horses, Baby Come Home and Self Control pretty excellent.

mguyb and LPT like this.
  18. The only song I love from Magic Hour is Baby Come Home teebs, but maybe it's because it sounds like a tribute to their debut. The rest is competent but, coming after Night Work, the drop in quality is evident. Kiki and Shady Love are bops tho.

biffy77 and moorje like this.
  19. "Keep Your Shoes On" is a dirty bop, and I live.

Easily their worst album in my book. It's just such a snooze for the majority.

biffy77 likes this.
  20. OMG Germany as well this night is getting better and better!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.