Scissor Sisters | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Scissor Sisters

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by truman, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

Sadly, this song hasn't grown on me yet; it still sounds like a rather tame remix of a good Scissor Sisters ballad. The video isn't helping its cause very much either. What happened to the guys in a state of semi-undress as seen in the behind-the-scenes photos? Why wasn't there more Ana? etc. I agree that the amazing Invisible Light video (Belle De Jour! Inferno! Amazing.) set the bar incredibly high for the future, though.

2. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

I actually think it's a great video for a lead single to a new 4th album. There's drama, anticipation, hints of the band members in a mysterious "goo" situation, and then the climactic, explosive multi-colored orgasmic release.

And most importantly it has me so curious about what to expect with the rest of the album! BRING IT ON, Scissters!!

3. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

Awful video. So tedious.

4. Ray

Ray

Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

I hate myself for this but I have made a total 180 on this song. It's awesome. And it took one watch of the admittedly pointless video to feel like that. There must be subliminal messaging in it.

5. duckface

duckface Guest

I love both song and video. I agree with - crap, I can't remember, thank you absolutely useless 'Topic Review' - that it is an excellent new album teaser if not exactly a Big Pop Moment.

6. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

European tour in the fall....I think.

There coming to Belgium on the 8th of October anyway.

Too bad i'm moving away in the summer.

7. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

This is old (and maybe already posted) but this live version of 'San Louis Obispo' sounds absolutely melancholically beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8eUs3BwsI

Also, there's a special version of the album with an extra DVD with a tracklist that goes :

So, the tweeted underwear pics were probably for the 'Baby Come Home' - video ?

---

Also, they released some tourdates a while ago :

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. Ray

Ray

Baby Come Home
    Keep Your Shoes On
    Inevitable
    Only The Horses
    Year of Living Dangerously
    Let’s Have a Kiki
    Shady Love
    San Luis Obispo
    Self Control
    Best in Me
    The Secret Life of Letters
    Somewhere

There is SO MUCH Pet Shop Boys in this tracklisting. Also, is Somewhere *that* Somewhere?

9. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

EQ Music reviewed it :

http://www.eqmusicblog.com/2012/05/album-review-magic-hour-by-scissor-sisters.html

10. Rmx

Rmx

That review is waaay too optimistic, haha "LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DISLIKE!!" yes love I'm sure. I'm also cautious because he prefers Only The Horses over Shady Love. I'll just wait this one out without getting too excited!

11. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

I agree RMX.

12. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

What the devil is a Kiki?

13. SBK

SBK

Obviously a song written by Elton John about Kiki Dee?

14. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

I've had a listen to the album. Basically there are lots of decent tracks but it can't quite make up its mind whether it wants to be "funky, filthy Scissor Sisters" we recognise from early on or "plodding 'Fire With Fire' anthem Scissor Sisters'. 'Shady Love' and 'Let's Have A Kiki" are the best things on it, but they annoy you as you realise that the whole album could be as frenetically off the wall.

15. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

Ugh. Not available in Belgium.

Annoyed.

16. Last edited: May 6, 2012
  17. Rmx

Rmx

And work and turn and hun-hun-honey

I love it, but I think my laptop speakers aren't doing it justice. That beat goes hard!

18. Re: Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour (Album + Singles)

OMG I'm loving "Kiki" but it's 6:30am here and I'm dancing around my apartment and getting hyper from it, haha!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.