Scream 7 *SPOILERS*

On the subject of sequels, for the next one, I do hope they change the focus of Ghostface’s attacks. 1-4 was Sidney, 5&6 were Sam. Why not mix it up for a change? Let Chad or Mindy be the reason for the attacks or Gale or you could revisit Sidney (although I think it’s too soon).

I feel like mixing it up will give them more creative freedom instead of continuing to focus on just one character (Sam or Sidney).

I would be pretty happy with Gale and Kirby using their investigative skills and connections to help the gang in the next one without Gale having to endure any more attacks. I feel like they need to have that mentor presence around.

That being said, if the 7 is the final one, it would feel strange for Gale and Sidney not to have a significant arc to bring things full circle.

I actually see Sam dying in the next one. They keep noting that she has a dark side and the scene with her holding onto the knife wasn't for nothing. Her sacrificing herself or dying in a final battle against Ghostface would keep her a hero while avoiding her going fully dark in the future and the Tara/Chad romance alive.

Also nothing will top Nancy Loomis/Debbie Salt for me but I'm going to need that level of camp next time. I have to say the father/daughter/son trio didn't do too much for me and it was a little too obvious that it was the father/daughter. I just didn't pick up on the son as he was such a non event. The final showdown was fun but I need Laurie Metcalf and Emma Roberts (she ate that thrashing herself about scene) levels of campery.

Edit: I just googled Nancy Loomis and that's also the name of a horror actress. Was that intentional?

Last edited:
I would be pretty happy with Gale and Kirby using their investigative skills and connections to help the gang in the next one without Gale having to endure any more attacks. I feel like they need to have that mentor presence around.

That being said, if the 7 is the final one, it would feel strange for Gale and Sidney not to have a significant arc to bring things full circle.

I actually see Sam dying in the next one. They keep noting that she has a dark side and the scene with her holding onto the knife wasn't for nothing. Her sacrificing herself or dying in a final battle against Ghostface would keep her a hero while avoiding her going fully dark in the future and the Tara/Chad romance alive.

Also nothing will top Nancy Loomis/Debbie Salt for me but I'm going to need that level of camp next time. I have to say the father/daughter/son trio didn't do too much for and it was a little too obvious that it was the father/daughter. I just didn't pick up on the son as he was such a non event. The final showdown was fun but I need Laurie Metcalf and Emma Roberts (she ate that thrashing herself about scene) levels of campery.

Edit: I just googled Nancy Loomis and that's also the name of a horror actress. Was that intentional?

Laurie Metcalf and Emma Roberts played their parts so perfectly.

After seeing this tonight I have mixed feelings , opening scene didn’t work for me , I appreciate they tried something different but didn’t have the impact of previous films.

Gale was fantastic and totally underused , her chase scene was the highlight of the film and not having her appear again after that was a mistake .

Scream 6 was better than 5,4 and 3 but they need to really up the antics for 7.

Absolutely loved this film. The set pieces alone (bodega, subway, ladder, Gale) all outdo 5cream ten times over. It was genuinely tender and scary and we finally got a fantastic chase scene with Gale.

Two complaints:

The final killers were the worst in the franchise. Quinn was okay, the other two were diabolical.

If you want characters to survive, don’t stab/shoot them so many times. Chad, Kirby and even Tara all suffered life ending wounds and it just makes it silly.

I don't like that they showed Bailey asking for a background check on Kirby. That kind of misdirect just feels too heavy handed, and no one involved were there to see/hear it so it's deliberately there to sway the audience rather than just a red herring that we might pick up on.

Maybe an alibi if they were planning for her to take the fall? If he genuinely called it in. I can’t remember the scene.

But same with Ethan going to Mindy’s aid on the train - they weren’t seen together, he could’ve just left her there to bleed out.

Guessing these were misdirects purely for the audience or, dddd, a sign that maybe they didn’t quite have enough preparation time to get the script rock solid.

Last edited:
He/Him
I think what you’re getting at is just a dubbing issue. There are multiple times in the films (the RV in 3, the parking garage in 4 etc) where Roger Jackson sounds like he’s in a Drag Race runway confessional so you likely picked up on that.
The parking garage in 4 was definitely one of the scenes reshot (as audiences didn't like Rebecca's death as well as the opening of the film), so it might've been something reshot and the studio settings for the new Ghostface lines weren't done in the most optimal setting.

Sidenote, but I kinda have a gut feeling the final film with these characters (whether it be 7 or 8) is gonna end with Sam dying? Any of the Core 4 kinda feel up for grabs, but the plotline of Sam struggling with hallucinations/not feeling bad for killing Ritchie means she's either gonna snap and someone will have to kill her or she'll sacrifice herself in a final knight in shining armour moment. I know her leaving the mask at the end of the film is meant to be her moving past it symbolically.... but I dunno.

I fear I’ll never recover from the emotional yo yo that was Gale’s scene.

anigif_sub-buzz-607-1634053145-4.gif

So, do we think they might bring Kirby back for the next one? I was very glad they kept her alive and I liked her little speech at the end "if you ever need me" etc. but I sort of sensed that was it for the character, at least for a while.

And the film makers have been pretty open about wanting to make more of these movies so I wouldn't count on them killing everyone off in '7' or even bringing Sidney back to be honest. Those opening numbers have shown that with the right marketing fans will show up to the move without Neve being involved. I would also, personally, like to see Sam and Tara's storyline concluded (especially Sam) and bringing Sidney back would water that all down.

I don't think we need Kirby back again, she came and gave the fans the closure etc.
Someone mentioned a while ago that an on air call from Ghostface during Gale's Morning Show - if she were to come back, would be iconic and quite chilling. Think the Zodiac killer calling live on the Jim Dunbar's show.

During a "phone-in" session Gale is told in her ear somebody needs help with something and she starts talking to them presuming it's the usual issues in that section of the show, but then the voice deepens and the caller is revealed to actually be Ghostface and they are about to kill somebody unless Gale stays on the line on air...

A site keeps reading the total as 15 kills, but I am only getting 13 - any help on who I'm missing?

1. Laura
2. Greg (roommate)
3. Jason
4. Bodega guy
5. Bodega guy
6. Bodega guy
7. Therapist
8. Quinn's lover
9. Anika
10. Gale's boyfriend
11. Quinn
12. Detective Bailey
13. Ethan

He/him
A site keeps reading the total as 15 kills, but I am only getting 13 - any help on who I'm missing?

1. Laura
2. Greg (roommate)
3. Jason
4. Bodega guy
5. Bodega guy
6. Bodega guy
7. Therapist
8. Quinn's lover
9. Anika
10. Gale's boyfriend
11. Quinn
12. Detective Bailey
13. Ethan
What about the random body that Bailey supposedly switches in for Quinn? I'm assuming he killed someone specifically to solve that problem.

Which is a whole ass problem I still can't wrap my head around. What did he mean when he said he had to make sure he was first on the scene to switch the body? Is he saying he legit turned up before the cops got there, with a body, and put it in the apartment in the place of where the group had told the cops that Quinn's body was? Like, how???