Scream Queens

Any/All
I'd be all up for Summer Camp getting scrapped in favour of Asylum, that way we wouldn't have to endure Grace and Zayday. Chad could easily get locked away, Dean Munsch could pop in for visits and Denise could work as security.

Yeah, and why wouldn't he also set the third season at Cordelia's academy, and the fourth one at a travelling circus?

This season WAS Murder House, after all.

The finale reads like this show got cancelled and they threw something together at the last minute to give everyone a happy ending and wrap up the show.........only the show isn't cancelled as far as we know.

I'm still not over the fuckery.
That's the impression I got, too.

I'm really glad they aired both those episodes back-to-back because if I'd waiting a week to watch that finale stand alone... Let's just say I would've been writing the missive to end all missives.

'Dorkus' was a good ep, overall (loved they way they did Chanel's missive reveal with the walk of shame, and the scene with Melanie looking like Freddy Krueger), and I liked where they were heading but then we got 'The Final Girl(s).' Not only did the severe lack of deaths piss me off, but it wasn't even a particularly entertaining ending. Usually, we all seem to post highlights in this thread, but for the finale, I can list my only good points:
  • The arrest scene was genius; the slo-mo, the 80s song, #3's reactions to the stripper cops
  • #5's parents
  • Chad and Denise's break-up
  • The Chanels in court ("OOOBBBJJJEEECCCTTTIIIOOOI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY!!!")
I think what annoys me the most is that due to the show's almost "Scary Movie" levels of disregard for logic, they could've gotten away with any amount of craziness in regards to who the killer was, who survived, etc. But they ended it in such a dull, drab way that would've been fitting of a show that was a bit more serious, frankly. I kept waiting for something twisty to happen, right up until the last minute and it just... didn't. When Chanel got into the bed right at the end, I thought they might throw in a "Nightmare On Elm Street" homage and have the Red Devil (or even a new killer) pop through the bed and off her.

To be totally honest, although I won't let the finale affect my overall view of the show - which, on the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed (way more that I thought I would) - the way it panned out, along with this report that the whole Summer Camp thing might've been scrapped, I'm really not sure if I'm bothered about another season. Especially if it's gonna follow on directly from this, with more KKT, Hester, Grace, her dad, Zayday, the Chanels in an asylum, the Red Devil, etc.

Who knows? Maybe another network will sneakily rip it off and give us another bizarre horror comedy or something similar (I mean, God knows the TV and film industry like to copy each other with barely a hint of subtlety). I just don't know right now. I guess we'll see soon enough.

So I was half right?

Judging by the title sequence..

Lea Michelle's character will be working with/is the killer, in order to take Chanel's spot as HBIC. Lea was wearing her fur at one point, and the thumbs up has to be a clue, right?

They needs a bit more gloss and post production effects, most of it seems like it's raw footage.

Hester falling down the stairs surely would've injured her rather than correcting her back problem since she was making it up, but why do I even care still.

(Because they so blatantly devised the ending way later than they should have and centred it around the horrible Lea Michele because Ryan's obsessed with her)

I think they could do something like a TV movie in the summer and a miniseries in the autumn or winter.

I still want a full blown Season 2, just because the finale was complete fuckery does not take away that this show is ridiculous campy genius that I happily want more of, plus with the amount of characters plus new ones being introduced, we might actually get a bloody Season 2.

I think it will get renewed, if a show was cancelled they would usually announce it just before its run ends or advertise the finale as 'how it all ends/the series finale'.

• The Chanels in court ("OOOBBBJJJEEECCCTTTIIIOOOI_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY!!!")

My dad watched half of the last episode with me, although he hated it - i admit it's not the best show but it's light hearted but he found the court scene hilarious! When the lady changes the verdict haha!

I would like the Asylum revisit, i just hope it's not a red devil anymore - i think it'd be fun to know who's killing and watch the characters figure it out... maybe! I think the show would work perfectly on a Netflix format!

I still want a full blown Season 2, just because the finale was complete fuckery does not take away that this show is ridiculous campy genius that I happily want more of, plus with the amount of characters plus new ones being introduced, we might actually get a bloody Season 2.

I think it will get renewed, if a show was cancelled they would usually announce it just before its run ends or advertise the finale as 'how it all ends/the series finale'.

I hope you're right, I did expect an announcement of it being renewed straight after the finale which worryingly didn't come.

I hope you're right, I did expect an announcement of it being renewed straight after the finale which worryingly didn't come.

Joss Whedons 'Dollhouse' didn't get its Season 2 renewal till a week after the finale aired and it was a similar position, big name producer with sucky ratings. I'm not worried yet.

They should've gotten Judge Judy for the courtroom scenes.
resize_key_1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60_url.jpg

s01e13_549.jpg

'Haunted Hayride' sounds more like a Scream Queens-themed theme park attraction to me. Maybe you could run through the pumpkin patch and into the maze, trying to avoid Red Devils.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Summer Camp would be a hundred times more appealing than Asylum. Been there, done that! Way too serious of a location, it's all about the high chool campness of it all, which gives the Chanels space to be the ultimate popular mean girls. The only downside of a possible Summer Camp could be that the Chanels won't be returning. I could survive losing #3 and #5, but if Oberlin is not in it then I'm not watching.

'Haunted Hayride' sounds more like a Scream Queens-themed theme park attraction to me. Maybe you could run through the pumpkin patch and into the maze, trying to avoid Red Devils.
Yeah, I thought the same when that title was announced. I assumed it would be some sort of "Pumpkinhead" type deal, or revolve around a scarecrow possessed by the soul of a serial killer or something... it's a bit of an odd one, for sure. With Summer Camp, you know where that's going (hello "Friday the 13th").

I forgot, there was another (single) good moment from the final episode which I left off my list:
  • "I STILL GOTS MY EYE ON YOU, ZAYDAY WILLIAMS!"

I wonder if they'd ever introduce supernatural elements to the series if it continued. Having it happen in the sequel would be honouring horror movie tropes, but it could also be a step too far if not handled properly.