Sea Power - Everything Was Forever | The Popjustice Forum

Sea Power - Everything Was Forever

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Inland Empire, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

I truly have no idea how much (if any) interest this thread will attract, especially in the throes of P&J, but since @RJF somehow managed to get an 8-page thread for Foals I figured I might as well give it a shot.

So, Sea Power, known up until last year as British Sea Power, are an alt-rock band whose music is heavily, heavily inspired by the British coast and its associated imagery. They've never been huge, but they had a top 20 single in 2005 with It Ended on an Oily Stage, along with a few other top 40 hits. They're also pretty well-known for composing the soundtrack for the game Disco Elysium.

Four songs have been released from their new album Everything Was Forever so far, and all are pretty wonderful. Folly has a clear Pet Shop Boys influence and is probably the best starting point for most of you, but I think each one is pretty accessible to the average PJ user.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  2. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Album's out and it's fucking incredible. Darkly surreal and foreboding, but also oddly soothing and empowering. Truly impeccable vibes from start to finish.

Honestly spoilt for choice on who to tag, but I think @pop3blow2, @Crisp X, @Untouchable Ace, @2014, @elektroxx, @soratami, @Trinu 3.0 and other frequenters of RockJustice are a good start.

pop3blow2, soratami, 2014 and 2 others like this.

3. ñññ checking it!

soratami and Inland Empire like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Yas it's out at work today and I'll definitely be adding it to my playlist over the weekend xx

Inland Empire and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.