Selena Gomez - “999” & 4th Album | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - “999” & 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Jun 17, 2021.

1. RMK

RMK

Announcements of announcements seem to be the trend lately, so that's why I'm expecting. Perched if she just surprise drops a single, there isn't much competition this week.

C***** isn't real competition, and her career isn't in a good spot.

nooniebao likes this.
  2. Well, Kanye and The Kid LAROI are dropping projects. Yung Bleu isn’t a super big name but I think his project could do well this week if it connects with his audience. I’d argue it’s a pretty busy week even if those artists and their fanbases aren’t part of Selena’s main demographics.

RMK likes this.
  3. The source code says it will display 'It's too late...' when the countdown ends.

Cardi isn't involved.

Music Is Death, drod93 and nooniebao like this.
  4. Cardi is prob being paid per tweet by these girls' teams nn

5. I'm still fascinated by the potential that this album could've had teebs, it's a shame she abandoned the one lane that really worked for her!

6. Apparently there was even an album with Fetish and Bad Liar in the works. Leland who co-wrote Fetish and Rare’s title track was apparently working on material with Allie X for what eventually became Rare.

7. I just need another 'Good For You'

ratedr, Jones322 and RMK like this.
  8. RMK

RMK

The font is still her logo from the Revelacion, maybe it doesn’t signal another era.

9. Fetish really was a moment for her. I was so excited for that album to come to fruition. It would have been her best project to date.

10. I actually really like Rare, but I know she has a weird, dark, Fetish inspired alt-pop album in her. I hope we get it one day.

Music Is Death, iRyan, tastic and 4 others like this.
  11. I’ll add to the chorus. Fetish was the first time in a long time I was excited for Selena music given how dark and sensual it was. Give me that album!

12. Ok, but the episode is literally about what subject matter would get one canceled when used as humor, with the kidney transplant being used as an example of something that is too inappropriate to use as a joke.

Jamie, Mr.Arroz, Jwentz and 15 others like this.
  13. rdp

rdp

Foucault clearly failed to consider the influence of popstar stans in his studies about power and social control

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  14. Ddd I screamed when I saw her tweet because like… that is the joke dd.

Jwentz and lushLuck like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

It's her kidney transplant, so she can feels how she wants. It isn't the first time it's been brought up.

16. Why did this get me yelling?

17. The Bad Liar-Fetish 1-2 punch was an underrated moment in pop, I fear. Musically great, just a pity about those videos.

18. But it wasn’t used as a joke on the show? The Good Fight episode was about cancel culture and like @lushLuck said it was brought up as something which might be too far and get someone cancelled.

The Good Fight isn’t some boomer show either. It’s tackled a lot of themes on it which most shows don’t even go near for example they had an episode on season 1 about hate speech on the show’s version of Reddit

Heartthrob and lushLuck like this.
  19. Selena, nor the stans in this thread, actually watched The Good Fight have they...

Heartthrob and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.