Selena Gomez - “999” + 4th Album | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - “999” + 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Meh, I get the context, but she’s still allowed to get annoyed by it, especially since it was obviously a traumatic experience for her. Her statement was a bit extra though and she should’ve approached it a different way, if she really felt the need to mention it.

2. The Good Fight literally brought it up as a reference to the outrage over the very Saved By The Bell moment you mention.

It’s pretty clear the point was completely missed by Selena and her fans, which isn’t surprising considering the exploitative depiction of sexual assault and suicide that dominated the last scripted show she was attached to… and never apologized for.

inevitable, aniraz, Jamie and 11 others like this.
  3. Disagreed. I think you missed the point here, actually. It’s not as tasteless as the others but they’re still making a joke out of it. I think the person mentioned is allowed to comment on that.

However, I do agree with the latter. Probably the most disappointing thing she’s done and more annoying cause I still don’t think she gets it…

lushLuck likes this.
  4. The mere mention of something does not make it a joke. As I previously said, it was brought up as something to not joke about. We can agree to disagree, but I’m also getting the sense you have not watched the episode.

inevitable, Truce, Jamie and 9 others like this.
  5. Well, she could feel uncomfortable at her being mentioned at all in that context, which she's entitled to. But, she could've said just that or maybe just reached out to the show privately that she didn't like it, instead of framing it so provocatively.

spaceship likes this.
  6. I understand what you mean. It wasn’t set up like a joke but it was in poor taste. They could say “okay we can’t tell jokes about Britney shaving her head” and even though that’s not a ‘joke’, they’re still poking fun at something.

Just because they preface it with “we can’t joke about” doesn’t negate that it’s distasteful. Like saying “no offence” before something doesn’t suddenly make it not offensive. I think that’s why everyone, including Selena, is upset is all.

7. Anyways, I'm hoping for some more 'fetish' type shit too. Give us your cocky era.

8. She’s covering the September issue of ELLE Magazine:

Music Is Death and BrokenHearts like this.
  9. New single with Camilo is out this Friday. I guess this is the start of the campaign for album four?

ratedr and RMK like this.
  11. 999 is out now!

12. It's cute! The video is nice, all the colors made me think of the Love You Like A Love Song video.
    I wonder if this is for a full Spanish album or something else?

13. It doesn’t touch anything on Revelación, but it’s cute.

Bobbyrae and Music Is Death like this.
  14. New collaboration with Coldplay is out October 15th:

Music Is Death likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.