Selena Gomez - Rare | Page 261 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - Rare

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Selena Gomez - OK songs one of which is #1

TrixieVillaintina and lushLuck like this.
  2. My impact

matthew. likes this.
  3. Can't wait for Mariah to get the #1 and extend the streak. Loving this for us

4. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I don’t understand why the thread title was ever changed from Assorted Ok Songs to begin with, it’s still accurate and stands as one of the great edited thread titles in forum history.

5. Thank you!

6. Well if Someboy says so

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Fuck my moderating right?

[​IMG]

8. Has anyone got any ideas why this song has done so well? Like not that she’s been a major flop the last few years but she’s struggled to get into the top 10 for 3/4 solid years now. Just wondering what exactly has triggered this sudden number 1?

9. I think that it was just the perfect combination of timing and narrative.

myblood, Pat, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  10. I do not understand how Sophie Muller has convinced all the girls that she's still a good director.

First she kicks Justin out of her life and now the charts!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Staticboombox likes this.
  11. Definitely this, but also Bieber seems to be getting increasingly annoying, I think more people are rooting for her.

12. I'm OBSESSED with "Look At Her Now".

Seraphim, star.dust and wolfgangna like this.
  13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

There should be a comma after ‘moderating’.

Also, fuck off! You know I love you.

14. Get her!!!

Verandi, myblood, Mr.Arroz and 17 others like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

I also think for the public, despite everyone's reception here of the song, it's intriguing someone known for the standard, feel-good bop came back with something so stripped and vulnerable. It's bold like Good For You was, in the sense of being a stepping-stone for her.

16. Good for You really was a moment.

Verandi, myblood, Kuhleezi and 12 others like this.
  17. I mean Selena got a hit with The Heart Wants and Same Old Love... and Ari got her first #1 with a song about her exes too so it's not crazy to think she saw the opportunity and decided to go all in.
    The label also had Look At Her Now just in case the ballad wasn't pulling the numbers they hoped.

18. RMK

RMK

The label didn't fully back any of this initially. I think Selena argued like she did Good For You to make 'Lose You' the lead, and then she came up with the dual release concept as well. Apparently this was all supposed to happen weeks ago, but when it got delayed releasing Look At Her Now became more plausible for them.

19. ...I still can't believe this is her first #1. And not in a "I can't believe it's THIS song" way, I'm just surprised it took so long!

20. It Ain’t Me has more streams than several #1s, I’m sure

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.