Selena Gomez - Rare | Page 295 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - Rare

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. RJF

RJF

what

2. Monopoly, the charlies angel single and Boyfriend. They were cute for a moment (just for a moment)

4. You know you could just stop replying. The more you try and justify it the worse you're making it.

5. I'll be... satisfied if I can take away more than five songs from this.

Well... let's start with three, first.

lushLuck and matthew. like this.
  6. In my head this is Peter shade.

[​IMG]

myblood, Bslg17, Wishlight and 19 others like this.
  7. Y’all expecting this not to be shit when you could...

OspreyQueen, myblood, Bslg17 and 46 others like this.
  8. I remember when Britney said about her... "she´s spanish and she´s a baby".

Iconic.

9. Hoping Feel Me sounds OK, that's all I take probably. The leak is good.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  10. The album has left the station.

Music Is Life and aux like this.
  11. Let Me Get Me is the Stars Dance like bop I was hoping for! Definitely for keeps. The title track is cute. Listening to the rest now.

12. I'm going into this album blind (in the same way I did Revival and wow, what a moment that was!) so I'm interested to see what the album is like.

13. Let Me Get Me indeed slaps a bit.

I don't have time tonight to listen to the whole album but at least I know I can take this song and run.

14. Yet some people will still have a side of white mayonnaise with almost anything.

I guess you and Selena have that in common momma. A true stan!

15. Does it remind you of Björk though?

myblood, Verandi, Wishlight and 17 others like this.
  16. No.

myblood, Wishlight, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. Dance Again is a proper bop! Ring is cute, but I could do without it. Sounds like the opening theme to a US produced Telenovela. Vulnerable is amazing! I get the Robyn comparisons with this one. It is a really nicely produced mellow synth pop track. People You Know is good. Might be a grower! I like the production on it and it has a nice build up to the bridge. Crowded Room and Kinda Crazy do nothing for me and sound pretty boring. Fun definitely takes inspiration from Bad Liar, but the latter is infinitely better! Cut You Off is very Julia Michales in a good way. A solid track. A Sweeter Place is a nice ending to the album. Very electro synth pop, great production and the vocal production is also quite intriguing here. Kid Cudi is completely useless on it though.

All in all I would say this is a very decent album with a pretty amazing first half and a more forgettable second half. It's not as good as Revival, but much better than expected and that people will probably give it credit for. For me it's a solid 7/10 and it could have been a 8/10, if they had included Bad Liar, Fetish and Feel Me.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Music Is Life likes this.
  18. Just heard the title track and Dance Again. The first is quite amazing and I think she changed some things from the original Madison Love demo.

19. The extent of her talents.

Wishlight, Vixen, blaze_dave and 2 others like this.
  20. The album really surprised me, this is full of bops.

'A Sweeter Place' gave me some 'Good For You' vibes and I am LIVING

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.