Selena Gomez - Rare | Page 359 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - Rare

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. The album cover is really stunning and miles better than the original one. "Deluxe Album" wasn't necessary, though.

2. Wasn’t there already a deluxe edition with all the Bad Liar-era singles tacked on at the end? Won’t this be the deluxe deluxe album? Kii at the album titled Rare having this many releases dd.

flowersandu and Robbietoxic like this.
  3. I think that was the Target / Japanese version. There’s a “bonus track version” on iTunes, which includes Feel Me. The upcoming release is the deluxe version.

4. SMG

SMG

...has she sampled this?

Andy French likes this.
  5. Ellie Goulding is shaking.

6. My Grindr profile as soon as lockdown is over.

7. RMK

RMK

Apparently there's a video ready and Justin, Julia, MNEK, and The Roommates worked on this and "She".

toxicdreamstomyself and D.Jay like this.
  8. Marshmello liked this tweet about a collab between her and Shawn Mendes coming.

9. Is this coming out at midnight tonight (UK time)?

10. Why stream this when you could be streaming Future Nostalgia instead?

11. They've completely retooled the tracklist order for the deluxe. Not opening with Rare anymore is a choice. Opening with Boyfriend is a major choice. It's kind of a bop but...

Souvenir is pretty nice, kind of in the Vulnerable vein.

1. Boyfriend
    2. Lose You to Love Me
    3. Rare
    4. Souvenir
    5. Look At Her Now
    6. She
    7. Crowded Room
    8. Vulnerable
    9. Dance Again
    10. Ring
    11. A Sweeter Place
    12. People You Know
    13. Cut You Off
    14. Let Me Get Me
    15. Kinda Crazy
    16. Fun
    17. Feel Me

12. Boyfriend is the kind of life the standard album really missed. That sample is lush, she’s a cute vibe.

I can’t help but think how different her album campaign would have been received if she’d led with this. Ready made for Radio. Lose You To Love me was massive for her, but personally I’d have been more shook at this insta quote bop starting the proceedings.

Her delivery on Souvenir is startling, but it makes a nice change to hear her so... loud. The pre-chorus is quite lovely but the break is a bit dull. A fun story though, would have fit on Revival.

Cover is stunning.

She exists.

13. RJF

RJF

"Boyfriend" feels like a 2015 DJ Mustard track.

14. Souvenir is the only one thats even bordering on decent. What happened to her A&R? Boyfriend is not a song.

15. Boyfriend into Lose You To Love Me as the first two tracks of an album. Wow, no pretence of attempting a throughline I guess.

Considering I thought Revival was one of the best pop albums of 2015, I listened to Rare like twice and couldn't tell you how most of it goes. Shame.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. She is literally the same song as Let Me Get Me. Queen of recycling to save the planet! Feel Me remains the best of the four new additions by some margin.

17. The lyric video for Boyfriend is the only thing on Apple Music UK.

Where is it?

18. Pat

Pat

Yes, these deluxe tracks were not needed and I even enjoyed most of the standard album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.