Selena Gomez - Revival | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Selena Gomez - Revival

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DJHazey, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hands To Myself, Sober, Same Old Love, Good For You. Survivors, Me & The Rhythm, Me & My Girls, and Nobody continue to get a large amount of replays for me.

2. Every song except Camouflage is enjoyable.

lushLuck likes this.
  3. Sober has no right being as good as it is, and on a Selena Gomez album to boot.

IMHO likes this.
  4. you pretty much named parts of the strongest songs from this Album
    there both Really Great!..

5. Good For You might have been an accident, Sober means it might not have been an accident after all and it's time to start admitting she's making progress.

6. But the rest of the album...whimpers, hey.

7. I love the rest of the album, I'm just trying to help give her due credit.

imperialsteroid likes this.
  8. I think anyone looking for an album that delivered on the slinky, minimalist, mid-tempo promise of Good For You should take that track, Hands to Myself, Sober and Perfect, and then run. Maybe slot in one ballad of your choice if you're that way inclined.

Mr.Arroz, Wishlight, 4Roses and 3 others like this.
  9. Oh yeah, indeed. There's no argument here. I'm just saying there shouldn't be an outcry of "it should have gone to someone else" when she delivered multiple jams cut from the same cloth. I think she's learned what worked for her best with this album and will take that lesson with her going forward. They kind threw a bunch of styles at the wall with Revival and in the future it needs to be Sober/Good For You/Perfect jams turned up to 11 and not much else. It's her rebirth as an artist and she needs to go all out for it.

Island likes this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

Taken'Good for You', 'Sober', 'Cologne', and 'Perfect' and run. I guess 'Revival' too.

'Me & My Girls' and 'Kill Em With Kindness' can be taken for kiis too.

11. Sober, Perfect, Kill Em With Kindness, Camouflage, Me & My Girls, Loco, and Good For You all are 10's for me at the very least.

12. Nothing is really horribly shit. Camouflage is forgettable and I'm not sure the metaphor exactly works. Rise is fine until that dreadful spoken bit. Revival has some redeeming qualities but it doesn't work as a full song. There's a good song somewhere in Body Heat but its kind of messy.

Good For You/Nobody/Perfect is really the type of sound she should (and I thought would) pursue. Sober and Cologne are surprising 10/10's considering her limited vocal abilities.

Island likes this.
  13. It's a good pop album, end of.

Island, PoP and Mr.Arroz like this.
  14. Oh imperial. There is no 'end of' on popjustice.

15. There's a first time for everything.

Island likes this.
  16. Oh yes add Rise to my endless chorus of 10's! The spoken bit is life affirming.

17. My only issue with Rise is that it needs to repeat "rise" about four more times towards the end. That bumpy bass is a nice groove and would've been great to bob along with for a little longer.

18. I'm reading a piece on Rolling Stone about Justin Bieber's past apologies (not sure why), and

4. Apology for flipping off paparazzi (2011)

"Had a great bday and at the end of the night [Selena and I] got surrounded by paps and I reacted in a way I know better. I'm sorry. #killthemwithkindness. It's not always easy but I know better than to react in anger."

That preemptive promo.

Smooth Criminal, PoP and Suburbia like this.
  19. Do the verses to Camouflage sound similar to Breathe 2am to anyone else? Has that been discussed?

Island likes this.
  20. It really isn't. But I like that you're into it.

Jersey and 4Roses like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.